Corn Power

flameshots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was driving to get some shots of some covered bridges and came across this scene. I really wanted to capture the contrast between the rural agriculture and the industrial modern power plant. The power plant was shaded pretty strong by the clouds so I played with the curves to give it a gothic industrial look. Let me know What you guys think. Any other ideas in editing would be great also.

Last edited:
Not a fan at all? LOL stand by I'll post the original. There's not much there.

Whites are pretty blown out in the clouds but otherwise I do like your edit. Nice contrast, vivid colors, cool scene.

Whites are pretty blown out in the clouds but otherwise I do like your edit. Nice contrast, vivid colors, cool scene.

Thanks arcooke. It was the best I could do with what I had. The power plant was in the shade of the clouds and the corn field was in full sun. I probably could do HDR but I'm not that good at it so I did a PS curves on just the clouds and power plant. That's what I came up with.

I think it looks good. Im not good at editing though, so forgive me for not having anything of real substance to add!

I like lots of color:

i-6DMQsLC-L.jpg

I gave it a shot.

From your original in CS5 I applied curves, adjusted color selective, mid tone contrast.

Corn-Power-orig-4765-M.jpg

Hey Georgiegirl, I have an edit just like this! :p I didn't care for the over saturated trees and for some reason my clouds came out way too blue. I like your edit a lot.

I like lots of color:

i-6DMQsLC-L.jpg

I like the first one a lot, but it almost looks like the smokestack portion is in B&W compared to the rest of the photo. I'm just learning editing, but maybe if you could add a tinge of blue to make it look a bit more real?

Most reactions

Back