Critique: My 2nd post - Birds in flight

IMO, your aperture is set too wide. It's probably at about max. That's not going to be the sharpest aperture and it's not going to give you the DOF you need to help with moving subjects.
As was noted, the processing is too much. Looks like shadow/highlight recovery issues to me.
The smallest aperture allowed is f3.4, so not much I can do there unfortunately :(. .One of the downfalls of having a point and shoot..
That's the smallest aperture number which actually the LARGEST aperture.

Well darn good shooting first off and good timing. I do find the blue not right, its a little too deep in the blue area. Not sure what your settings are so I'll give you mine for BIF's. 1/2500 - 1/4000, sun at my back, ISO 200-400, generally ISO 400 when using the the 500mm F/4.5. I don't use AF lenses, so a little different and if I did, I would always have OIS switched off.

All the best and looking pretty darn good anyway.

Danny.

That's the smallest aperture number which actually the LARGEST aperture.
Darn! I always get them confused no matter how many times I read them. I know, noob problems..:confused: I wrote it correctly the first time then I guess and then edited that later.

Well darn good shooting first off and good timing. I do find the blue not right, its a little too deep in the blue area. Not sure what your settings are so I'll give you mine for BIF's. 1/2500 - 1/4000, sun at my back, ISO 200-400, generally ISO 400 when using the the 500mm F/4.5. I don't use AF lenses, so a little different and if I did, I would always have OIS switched off.

All the best and looking pretty darn good anyway.

Danny.

Thanks a lot for the nice words danny, nice to know I'm getting something right. Did the blue in the corrected image I posted later on looked too blue to you too?

Unfortunately I shoot with a bridge camera not a dslr, 1/2500 is not possible as 1/2000 is max. I guess I can go to 250 ISO tops, after that it's too grainy to be usable. The only upside being I can go upto 800mm before I start loosing sharpness (sx50). :D

OIS I'm guessing is Image Stabilization of some sort? I do keep them on when bird shooting, why do you keep them off?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back