Current weird and annoying nose condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Compaq

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The last couple of days my nose has been really annoying. Check this out: I've started producing snot crystals. I've caught the cold, and my nose has been running for weeks. But, all of a sudden, my snot turned into hard crystals that somehow are stuck into the inside of my nose. I try to remove them, and it feels like I'm tearing off nose flesh with the snot crystal. They even look like small crystals!

Taking them out hurts like hell, and when I twist my face into grimaces, I can feel it stretching in there, like I'm stretching on a burn mark or really dry skin.

So, anyone familiar with such snot crystal formation, and how to fix it?

I would try the age-old remedy of rinsing the sinus cavities with a warm saline solution consisting of 1 teaspoon of sea salt, 12 oz water, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda. Use a bulb blower or netti pot to get the water in there. it works wonders for me,and for millions of others. Twice a day--perhaps thrice daily if you are in the midst of a cold.

Derrel, that's good advice, thanks you.. I will try it out.

LOLz @ togalive !

Bowl of hot water, Olbas Oil or similar, head face down over bowl, tea towel over head, breathe that sh*t in. Snot will gush forth.

To speed up the process, have a hot tottie of warm whisky or brandy laced with honey on the go as well.

c1caebe3_ThisThreadIsWorthlessWithoutPictures.jpeg

LOL!

Your actually growing kryptonite in your nose, just thought you should know ;)

Sounded more like dilithium crystals. Call StarFleet, I hear they're buying.

While I've never experienced crystals, I have had "high viscosity snot" sometimes when sick, which I usually attribute to dehydration. My first move would be to chug water. (which you should be doing anyway if you're sick)

Not to be unsympathetic.. but GROSS! lol!

you should post a macro shot of said crystals! (and YES.. Drink a minimum of 2 liters of water per day!) Clean that system out!

Oh, hell no! Do NOT, and I repeat DO NOT pay any attention whatsoever to those who have asked for photographs ;(

Well, here's a pic. This is the best I could do in five minutes. Just turned the 50mm backwards and focused by looking at live view in the mirror. Done small adjustments in ARC just to shot the small crystals. They have a yellowish greenish colour.

It's hard to see here, but basically most of my left nose hole is a flesh wound LOL. Hurts to open mouth, hurts to twist face. Hurts to pick :)lmao:).

Enjoy!

O35SP4.jpg

This is a direct result of picking your nose, repeatedly.

I, for one, would never post such a thing on any forum, much less a photo forum. But that is about par for this place.

Go see a doctor.

Compaq.. I was like, kidding... dude! I could have gone all week without seeing that shot! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back