Customer's (mine) complaints

Expecting FAST order fulfillment and delivery from the USA at Christmas time is one thing if the dealer is a HUGE company, but even if it's a mega-store like say B&H Photo, Christmas-season deliveries are OFTEN plagued with delays. Not to blame the customer, but your rather late order during the holiday "rush" was probably just asking for trouble if there were any unforseen delays, hiccups, or order processing issues. The smaller the retailer, the more-likely delays are to occur. For example, a damaged rod from a HIGH-end maker like Sage...Sage is a SLOW-moving rod blank maker....they work on a "when it's done, it'll be done" type of basis-Sage is not a high-volume tackle and rod-making concern like say G. Loomis or Lamiglas or even Shakespeare. When you break a Sage blank, be prepared to WAIT for warranty replacement, whether you are a large sporting good store, or a small reseller, or an individual angler. Your ire is understandable, but sorry, a last-minute order during December is often going to have fulfillment issues.

I understand what you're saying, of course. I would order it earlier but we weren't sure would my uncle even come.
I ordered waders and some other fly fishing equipment, from other dealers and everything went ok. Even my new camera came pretty fast at the address.
If it was up to me and the date we ordered, then it would be up to me. I would blame myself.

But they said they wanted to send and were packing it and broke something so they have to order again. It's fine, it can happen, but they should notify me about that.

Ok, before I give you a suggested response I'll need to know, did they use bold text in their response email or was that something you added for emphasis?

no they didn't :) I did that for emphasis. Because my e-mail is pretty long so I wanted to emphasis their response. I wrote them to complain, and they complained back to me...

They could just say asses instead of behinds...

How about to tell them: Ok, ship to my uncle's address.

And copy their mail to their You tube videos and on some review sites.

Am I bad person? but in the other hand they made that themselves

tbh, I understand their situation.
They should have notified you but, if they weren't aware of the situation ????

I love Sage rods, I have a 3 weight 7 footer I haven't used for years but can't bear to sell it.

Ask them to ship via air (overnight service which is not truly overnight) at their expense. Wait to see their reply before attempting any further actions.

Bottom line - you are only asking for the item that you paid for, and which they promised.

It is not your fault that they have been unable to deliver.

If they fail to deliver on that promise, then feel free to make their lives a living hell.

tbh, I understand their situation.
They should have notified you but, if they weren't aware of the situation ????

I love Sage rods, I have a 3 weight 7 footer I haven't used for years but can't bear to sell it.

That is the problem, they WERE aware of the situation, they broke something when packing to send it to the address, and they didn't notify me. I wouldn't make a big deal if they notified me, but they didn't.

It was Sage ESN 10 feet 3 line.

Okay, a couple of observations:

First, if he's on the Czech National Team, did he get there without a rod? Surely he already has one, and it has served him well enough to get on the team. Trying to suggest that he can't fish because he doesn't have this particular rod borders on dishonesty.

Second, how did you pay for your purchase? If you paid via credit card, was the shipping address added to your account? Retailers scrutinize international orders. International orders with shipping addresses which differ from billing addresses are particularly worrisome.

Third, you waited too long to order. Such an order should've been placed long before two weeks before Christmas. Why? For the very issue you're dealing with now. No two companies are going to approach international orders in the same fashion. Some actually don't really care if addresses match up. Others do.

This could've been avoided with a little more proper planning on your part...

Ask them to ship via air (overnight service which is not truly overnight) at their expense. Wait to see their reply before attempting any further actions.

Bottom line - you are only asking for the item that you paid for, and which they promised.

It is not your fault that they have been unable to deliver.

If they fail to deliver on that promise, then feel free to make their lives a living hell.

I don't see where the retailer "promised" anything. Frankly, I don't know of any sane retailer who would promise anything that needs to be shipped around the holidays. Even if the item had gotten shipped by the retailer, once it gets into the hands of a carrier, the retailer has zero control over the shipment, yet will be the entity blamed for any hiccups.

What I do see, however, is the OP's expectations which, I would suggest, may well have been based on incorrect assumptions on her part.

Making their lives "a living Hell" is stupid, and a waste of time...

Okay, a couple of observations:

First, if he's on the Czech National Team, did he get there without a rod? Surely he already has one, and it has served him well enough to get on the team. Trying to suggest that he can't fish because he doesn't have this particular rod borders on dishonesty.

Second, how did you pay for your purchase? If you paid via credit card, was the shipping address added to your account? Retailers scrutinize international orders. International orders with shipping addresses which differ from billing addresses are particularly worrisome.

Third, you waited too long to order. Such an order should've been placed long before two weeks before Christmas. Why? For the very issue you're dealing with now. No two companies are going to approach international orders in the same fashion. Some actually don't really care if addresses match up. Others do.

This could've been avoided with a little more proper planning on your part...

The World fly fishing Championship is in Czech republic. He's not in their National team.

Of course he has other rods. I wasn't implying that he can't fish without that particular rod.

I payed via Paypal and they had option to send to another address, not the one registered in pp/credit card. I payed many items/equipment fly fishing and photography related that way trough years and from different stores/dealers and never had any problems.

I just can see how this can be treated as an international order. If they had some issues, why not sending an e-mail?

They wanted to ship on time and if they hadn't broke a part, the rod would have been at the address on time.

All I wanted is that their notice.

What do you suggest we do to make this right by you? Thank you"

...for emphasis

well, if my bolded part was different, then I would certainly emphasized the part you suggested.

There are much pleasant ways of saying "sorry because we broke something and didn't tell you" then mentioning their behinds

What do you suggest we do to make this right by you? Thank you"

...for emphasis

well, if my bolded part was different, then I would certainly emphasized the part you suggested.

There are much pleasant ways of saying "sorry because we broke something and didn't tell you" then mentioning their behinds

...what i am saying is,they asked for a suggestion,to make this right by you.I would suggest they overnite it ASAP.See where that might get you. :)

...what i am saying is,they asked for a suggestion,to make this right by you.I would suggest they overnite it ASAP.See where that might get you. :)

sorry, misunderstood

It's not possible because now they have to wait for a week to have the kit delivered to them.

I find this all very weird considering that the Czech Republic has always had a good relationship with Poles.

Most reactions

Back