What's new

Cutting through the fog

minicoop1985

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Sep 3, 2013
Messages
5,520
Reaction score
1,866
Location
Appleton, WI
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry, I really am like the least creative person ever with titles. I got this today, and thought I'd share:


Smaller-172110 by longm1985, on Flickr

Lemme know what you think.
 
I really like this, though there seems to be a bit too much dead space that isn't adding to the photo. I very rarely do this, but something about this picture really made me want to play with a few different crops. Hope you don't mind. Here are the two that I think worked the best. First one is a square crop from the left side, and the second one is 16x9. What do you think?

$Mini Fog Square.webp

$Mini Fog 16x9.webp
 
I think you're right. I like your crops, but me being me, I did my own to see what I came up with. And, as we can see, it's.... pretty much just what you did. :lol:


Cutting through the fog by longm1985, on Flickr


Edit: There's a few more windmills I hadn't seen until now. Interesting what you can find.
 
Edit: There's a few more windmills I hadn't seen until now. Interesting what you can find.
Exactly. There's great detail in the foreground and in the break in the fog. The stuff on top was overpowering it. For some reason, I was drawn to the left side with that short tree in the foreground. Not sure why but I just noticed both my crops took varying amounts off the right side of the picture. But the crop you did brings out more windmills, lets people discover more detail. Nice :)
 
That's what I like about this-one person can capture a photo, but others may see something other than what the photographer saw.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom