D200?

DCB12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just checking to see your thoughts on the D200. I know it's old but pro quality build.

Anyone still use it?

Thanks

It's as good a camera now as it ever was, however it's NOT a "pro-quality" build. It's Nikon's mid-range, or "semi-pro" line halfway between the D1/2/3/4 and the DXX00 lines. It really depends on what you want to use it for.

I am using a D40 now and love it. It has been many places (Alaska being one), thousands of clicks and still going strong. High IOS is not the best but otherwise it's a highly underrated camera.

Peace

The D200 is old tech also,keep using the D40 as you say you love it why get another old tech body?

The D200 is old tech also,keep using the D40 as you say you love it why get another old tech body?

Slightly more resolution, faster shutter,,Option for a grip, auto FP, more durable build.

While the D200 is a prosumer grade Nikon it does have the full magnesium chassis, 9 auto-brackets, control layout, uses CF memory cards, but no built-in vertical grip that the pro grade Nikon's of that era have. Nikon didn't yet have a full frame DSLR then so even the pro grade D2x and D2xs had an APS-C or crop size image sensor.

I used up 1 D200 and bought another new one to replace it just after Nikon stopped making the D200. I added a MB-D200 vertical grip.

No doubt camera technology has moved forward, but the D200 is still a very capable camera.

The D40 doesn't have Nikon's AF motor/screw-drive system in it, and the D40 has far few external controls which means more menu diving when using a D40.
The D200 has 60% more resolution than the D40, a 1/8000 shutter, 9 auto brackets, a better 11 point AF module, 2 command wheels, a top LCD, and the list goes on.

The D40 doesn't have Nikon's AF motor/screw-drive system in it, and the D40 has far few external controls which means more menu diving when using a D40.
The D200 has 60% more resolution than the D40, a 1/8000 shutter, 9 auto brackets, a better 11 point AF module, 2 command wheels, a top LCD, and the list goes on.

Only around 20% more resolution, 40% more pixels.

Agree with everrything else. ;)

Keep your D40 and pick up a D200 for roughly $200.00, and keep a smile on your face.

I have the D200 and have a line new D300s coming Tuesday....can't wait.

Peace

Slightly more resolution, faster shutter,,Option for a grip, auto FP, more durable build.

Still not worth getting one if he's happy with what he has.........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back