D300 Shooting/Custom Bank... What are your prefernces?

18.percent.gary

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just finally got around to playing with the Shooting Banks in my D300.

I named one as "Normal" which uses default settings that get changed around frequently for point n' shoot stuff, one as "Low Light Wide" which uses Auto ISO set to 1/60 ISO 3200 mostly for my wide-to-normal zooms and prime lenses, and one as "Low Light Tele" for my tele zooms with Auto ISO at 1/250 and ISO 3200. I also made one for "Action" that uses Auto ISO for 1/500 and ISO 3200 and 12 bit NEF for faster FPS. Aside from Auto ISO what else should I consider? I haven't bothered setting up the Custom Banks yet, but I have a few ideas about how I may go about it.

Just curious how you guys (and gals) have gone about setting up your shooting banks and what thoughts you might have? As I said, I've never bothered using them before but the whole concept just suddenly seems brilliant to me and I want to explore it some more.

Thanks

It's funny, when I got mine in June I set up some banks for Birds/Bif/macro and general. Since then I haven't went into the banks a single time. I should but since I'm almost always shooting birds, I sorta know what settings I want, of course if I do shoot macro or jpegs for ebay, I always forget to reset at least one setting... Silly not to use the functions our cameras are capable of... I should use them...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back