D7100 or D5300

JH Foto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was the question for me as I wanted to upgrade from the D5100. All I can say guy's is save yourself some money and go with the 5300, it has the same processor, the same MP and a flip screen. Its a no brainer...:1219:

But it doesnt have

1.AF motor
2.Second dial
3.Much better AF system
4.Faster burst mode
5.Weather resistant body

Probably forgot few more thens

Personally I think for the extra 200$-250$ price difference its well worth going for the D7100

I dunno. I really miss that flip screen when I am using the 7100. The 7100 will take the artistic side ride out of you at that thought of having to position yourself in awkward ways for artistic shots. And it really becomes extremely unfun.

This was the question for me as I wanted to upgrade from the D5100. All I can say guy's is save yourself some money and go with the 5300, it has the same processor, the same MP and a flip screen. Its a no brainer...:1219:

But you can't see out the viewfinder worth a damn. I have great eyesight, 20/20 vision, no problems with my vision whatsoever... and the viewfinder is just bad. The other thing is holding the camera, the D7100 just feels better in the hand. The D7100 can be had on sale for $950 now if you look out for good sales (in Canada at Futureshop it's that price on and off lately).

I'm not saying the D7100 is necessarily a better camera than the D5300 for everyone, but it's certainly not a no-brainer. The viewfinder is a pretty important feature in a camera.

If you're happy with your camera that's what counts, however if you've never used a D7100 how can you say the D5300 is better? It's just speculation on your part.

suppose it depends on what you use a camera for...
I like the 7100 but I have another one with the flip screen so I guess if it annoys me enough I can just put it away and use the other one. 7100 does suck for low shots though and most anything you don't want upright and standing level. like you want to get down on your belly or anything it really just isn't a very friendly camera if you know what I mean. Same for crowds and trying to shoot over peoples heads or any strange situation. flip screens rule they really do.

But it doesnt have

1.AF motor
2.Second dial
3.Much better AF system
4.Faster burst mode
5.Weather resistant body

Probably forgot few more thens

Personally I think for the extra 200$-250$ price difference its well worth going for the D7100
doesn't that 750 have a flip screen? maybe I should get one of them.

doesn't that 750 have a flip screen? maybe I should get one of them.
As a proud owner of a D750 I can tell you it absolutely does have a tilting (not flipping) screen.
Not something I personally think I will use...............but who knows maybe I will need it someday.

I sometimes wonder how they were able to take pictures in the film days without a flip screen.

I sometimes wonder how they were able to take pictures in the film days without a flip screen.
same way they got to the town on rutted dirt roads with stuck wooden wagon wheels. They suffered and bitched until someone came along and invented tar..

I went from a D5100 to a D7000 and while I do miss the flip screen from time to time, the improved features of the D7000/D7100 are worth it. I like the improved viewfinder because of the pentaprism vs pentamirror and the improved autofocus the most.

I could just be a sissy. I avoid using the 7100 anytime I think I am going to have to lay on the ground to frame my shot.

I could just be a sissy. I avoid using the 7100 anytime I think I am going to have to lay on the ground to frame my shot.
Not at all, you use the tool that does the job. I would love a D7100 with a flip screen. Maybe the D7200 etc. will have have it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back