footballfan993

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.tylerwarnecke.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I have a date with an ex-coworker of mine tomorrow, and Here's what I have planned so far:

Well I was thinking that she would come over around 12 and then we would go for a walk in a local park, (weather permitting) and I was thinking of bringing my camera and taking pictures on our walk of her and us and the things we see.

Next we would head back to my place where I will have cooked dinner.
we would have Pão de queijo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Pao do Quejio as an appetizer, then for dinner we would have http://www.authenticbraziliancuisine.blogspot.com/2010/02/rice-and-beans-of-brazilian-food.html Rice and Beans with pico de gallo, then for dessert we would have Brigadeiro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Brigadeiros and to drink we will have href="Guaraná Antarctica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a Brazilian soda Guarana If she doesn't seem to like the food, I will have a back up of pasta or something. Also while we are eating, I was thinking of listening to some light, quiet music.

After that I was thinking we could watch a movie, I was thinking "The Theory of Everything" (It's the one about Stephen Hawking) and then we could go stargazing afterwards, (or we could do any combination of these activities like only watching a movie and then leaving or only stargazing) and then call it a night.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks!

Sounds like a plan. I've got nothing...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

It's been a while for me, but it seems like entrapment to me.

Leave your camera. Walk to SOMEPLACE, not just a walk in the park.

Stop for an appetizer at a local pub.

Go to a restaurant, don't cook. (yet)

Movie is o.k., but at a regular movie house, not your house.

Walk her home.

You can talk about your hobby of photography, but leave the photography for some other time.

That's a very long day. How well do you already know each other? Does she know you enough to feel comfortable going to your apartment rather than a restaurant? I know I'd be a little wary of that on a first date. Why the all-Brazilian menu? Not that there's anything wrong with the food, but it seems a little overkill unless there's a reason for it.

I'm sorry, but it seems a bit forced and a little too controlling.

So I have a date with an ex-coworker of mine tomorrow, and Here's what I have planned so far:

Well I was thinking that she would come over around 12 and then we would go for a walk in a local park, (weather permitting) and I was thinking of bringing my camera and taking pictures on our walk of her and us and the things we see.

Next we would head back to my place where I will have cooked dinner.
we would have Pão de queijo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Pao do Quejio as an appetizer, then for dinner we would have http://www.authenticbraziliancuisine.blogspot.com/2010/02/rice-and-beans-of-brazilian-food.html Rice and Beans with pico de gallo, then for dessert we would have Brigadeiro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Brigadeiros and to drink we will have href="Guaraná Antarctica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia a Brazilian soda Guarana If she doesn't seem to like the food, I will have a back up of pasta or something. Also while we are eating, I was thinking of listening to some light, quiet music.

After that I was thinking we could watch a movie, I was thinking "The Theory of Everything" (It's the one about Stephen Hawking) and then we could go stargazing afterwards, (or we could do any combination of these activities like only watching a movie and then leaving or only stargazing) and then call it a night.

What are your thoughts on this? Thanks!

I guess it sort of depends on what your ultimate goal here is, if romance is your intent I'm not sure if I'd recommend a movie featuring Steven Hawking. I'd be thinking more chic flick of some sort. Could just be me of course.

Sounds to me like you are going to bore her to death. Leave the camera at home and use your phone for pics.
Noon date sounds like an opportunity to binge watch season 2 of Daredevil / all the Freddy Kruger movies / Breaking Bad etc.
Dont serve food you dont know she will like. Make your own burgers with a bit of spice (or get someone else to do it if you are not a cook) and serve with beer and she will love it.

I guess it sort of depends on what your ultimate goal here is, if romance is your intent I'm not sure if I'd recommend a movie featuring Steven Hawking. I'd be thinking more chic flick of some sort. Could just be me of course.

Sounds to me like you are going to bore her to death. Leave the camera at home and use your phone for pics.
Noon date sounds like an opportunity to binge watch season 2 of Daredevil / all the Freddy Kruger movies / Breaking Bad etc.
Dont serve food you dont know she will like. Make your own burgers with a bit of spice (or get someone else to do it if you are not a cook) and serve with beer and she will love it.

You give that advice and then go on to say she'll love burgers and beer?

You're both making heavy assumptions about what movie or food she will like. And that's my problem with the OP's date plan as well.

How much of this was planned because of conversations with her in which she has expressed interest in Brazilian food, or photography, or star-gazing? Or how much of it is planned because it "seems" romantic and what a woman wants?

The biggest mistakes are made by assuming. If you're unsure? Simple. ASK HER.

That's my thinking. We can't really guess if she'll like or hate anything proposed as we have no idea who this person is. Your best bet is to have a chat with her; plan out the day somewhat and go from there. If you're not going to have time to chat between now and then keep your mind open and have space in the day to let her make a choice. By all means make offers and suggestions but be ready to change and go with the flow.

You're both making heavy assumptions about what movie or food she will like. And that's my problem with the OP's date plan as well.

How much of this was planned because of conversations with her in which she has expressed interest in Brazilian food, or photography, or star-gazing? Or how much of it is planned because it "seems" romantic and what a woman wants?

Not so much really. I like Steven Hawking. I think the guy is probably the smartest guy on the planet. I cannot for the life of me imagine being able to watch a movie featuring him and then feeling amorous at the end. The stargazing thing.. ok, sure. 2 hours of Steve explaining the nature of the universe? Ya.. sorry, no, not romantic.

Not so much really. I like Steven Hawking. I think the guy is probably the smartest guy on the planet. I cannot for the life of me imagine being able to watch a movie featuring him and then feeling amorous at the end. The stargazing thing.. ok, sure. 2 hours of Steve explaining the nature of the universe? Ya.. sorry, no, not romantic.

I'm not saying that a Steven Hawking movie would make someone amorous. What I'm saying is that a chick flick might also not do the trick because maybe she's a woman who hates chick flicks. Plus, I'm not really fond of the idea that the whole purpose of the movie is to make the woman feel "amorous." It's a FIRST date. It should be about getting to know each other, not getting lucky.

(And just speaking personally, I'd be more likely to feel romantic towards someone if they appeal to my intellectual side, so yes, a documentary or Stephen Hawking movie just might work better than a chick flick for me. If someone showed me one of the gajillion Meg-Ryan-gets-the-guy film from the 90s, I'm more likely to be annoyed that he thinks I'm a stereotype instead of a real, actual person.)

Ok, so here's my reasons.

I planned everything regarding this, because she told me that she would like to be surprised. So I don't think I will tell her anything, until she gets here.

the reason for the walk, is just because it's be something to do, and we can talk while we walk, and we might see some deer, chipmunk, or other wildlife.

The choice for the Brazilian food was in part, because I am half Brazilian, and I want her to experience food that she most likely would not have experienced otherwise.

The movie choice "The Theory of Everything" isn't a movie featuring Steven Hawking, it is a movie about Steven Hawking and his relationship with his wife, so it is romantic.

I also picked stargazing, because it's something that I haven't really done before, but it would be cool to just lay in the grass looking up at the wonder above us.

I also would not go all out on the Brazilian cuisine on a first date. One Brazilian dish on the side would be better. The pão de queijo is of course excellent for any time of day, but I would go to a place that sells these warm and ready to eat along with something to drink after a walk in the park. For dinner I would also opt for the restaurant at this stage.

I would leave the camera at home, threes a crowd. If she is like my wife she will just have you taking pictures at her nephews birthday party next week, and that is probably her only interest in your camera. She probably takes excellent pictures with her cell phone; and tell her they are excellent.

If your going home together to watch a movie then I don't think you can really plan that, and what you watch will depend a lot on how the day went. I don't think something about Stephen Hawking would be high on my list, maybe he goes better with pão de queijo and a hand mixed caipirinha.

Furthermore, I have known her for about a year now, and she and another ex-coworker came over for a thanksgiving meal that I prepared for them.

Also the purpose of this date is not for me to "get lucky". That's never my purpose on a date, especially the first one. I am a huge romantic person, and I love doing romantic gestures towards the person that I like.

Last edited:
I'm not saying that a Steven Hawking movie would make someone amorous. What I'm saying is that a chick flick might also not do the trick because maybe she's a woman who hates chick flicks. Plus, I'm not really fond of the idea that the whole purpose of the movie is to make the woman feel "amorous." It's a FIRST date. It should be about getting to know each other, not getting lucky.

Ok, well now who's making huge assumptions? Lol. Seriously though, "getting lucky" wouldn't be my goal on a first date, in fact if she was the sort that I could get lucky with on the first date she wouldn't be the sort I'd want to be dating.

However he did specify that they knew each other previously and had at least some sort of acquaintance, so my goal would be to make sure that she realized I was interested in not staying in the "friend" zone. His goal might be different, I don't know. But even if that isn't the goal, lets face it, I wouldn't even ask an astronomer to sit through Steven Hawking for 2 hours on a date.

Yes, it is entirely possible she hates chic flicks. Haven't met a lot of women who do, so playing the percentages odds are good she probably won't. Honestly I've never been a big fan of a "movie" for a first date anyway, I prefer situations that encourage more conversation. Movies are more for the, ok were comfortable with each other already stage of dating as far as I'm concerned. But hey, could just be me. Plus I haven't dated since... umm... the late 90's? So ya, some of this might be a bit musty as far as advice is concerned.

Oddly, I never knew Stephen Hawking was married.

but dates are those .. they vary dependent upon the 2 people.
At least he didn't mention setting up his strobes in the bedroom ...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back