Sounds like a great plan, your plan will work for me.

Mostly everything has been covered.

Skip the camera. DO NOT TAKE IT. Really. Even though you've been friends, you'll want to try to start this on the right foot. The wrong foot includes taking pictures of squirrels and chipmunks in a park. You should focus your attention on HER, not your camera. You can go to the park any day of the week. Taking pictures on a first date, especially of the romantic interest, is weird, really really weird (even if you've been friends for a while).

Remember to be yourself. Listen to what she's saying and show a genuine interest in her and her life. You've been friends so you think you know her, but, there is so much you don't know about her.

That's a very long day.
Totally agree. This is way, way too long. Don't most first dates include a dinner and movie? I haven't dated in years, so I have no idea what it's like now.

Basically, the whole dating thing is a crapshoot. I say go with your original plan; if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.
Much thought put into the way she may feel or think. Well, there is the other side of that. Hopefully, she is considerate enough to be wanting to get to know you also. She told you to surprise her, so do it your way.

This is not only the opportunity for you to find out something about her; it's just as important for her to find out things about you.
Show you, be you! The earlier the better IMO.

Act like a lapdog and she will treat you like a dog and walk all over you

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Exactly. Unless you are into that whole thing.

Act like a lapdog and she will treat you like a dog and walk all over you

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Exactly. Unless you are into that whole thing.
In that case, while stargazing, ask her to find Canis Minor, instead of the big dipper?

Hey man, you get what you paid for ;)

I missed the part where he paid for his date.
I guess it was a different kind of date then ... ;)

So, @footballfan993, you'll have to let us know how it went.
Heck, he probably cancelled it after page 3.

Most likely my fault. Probably shouldn't have mentioned anything that happened on.. well, any first date I ever had. Though I can say not all of them ended up causing an international incident or a weekend spent in a Turkish jail. So.. well, maybe some were slightly more successful than others. So ya, there is that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back