Date idea... need advice?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by footballfan993, Jun 1, 2016.

1. jcdeboever

jcdeboever TPF Supporters Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My last first date, I had bad gas, what timing. A couple slipped and she heard and smelled them....we ended up getting married.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  2. table1349

table1349 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Surprise #1. You go to her, not the other way around. Even in this modern day and age Chivalry, contrary to what the hipsters may think, is not dead.

Surprised #2. Take that walk sans camera and do something that tends to be unheard of in the male world. Talk about her, get to know her, learn her likes and dislikes, hopes dreams etc.

Surprise #3. Take what you learned during your talk and surprise her with a dinner at a place that serves the foods she likes.

Surprise #4. If you go to a movie, make it the type she likes, chick flick, horror movie what ever or if she likes to dance go dancing.

Surprise #5. If you have a really nice late nite spot stop there on the way home, have a quiet drink, chat a little more.

Surprise #6. Walk or take her home, see her to her door. Don't expect or try to get invited in. Be a gentleman from the beginning to the end. If you want to see her again ask if you can call her then DO IT!

3. runnah

runnah Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Pro tip: women like sex, a lot. Don't be afraid to make moves if the vibe is right. Not doing so can be even worse than trying and failing. Women, like men, are filled with insecurities and self-doubt so you not showing a physical interest might make her start doubting herself.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. limr

limr Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Again, why does it have to be all Brazilian from soup to nuts? You could bring some of the soda and pao de queijo for a little picnic during the walk and go for a different kind of dinner.

Going to your place with another person in a non-romantic situation is not the same thing as going alone on a first date. All I'm saying is to be open to the possibility that she might feel more comfortable in a restaurant. Be ready with a good restaurant option if she says she doesn't want to go to your place, because the last thing you want to do on a first date is to hem and haw about where to eat dinner. And I know she said to surprise her, but you might want to let her know of the time frame of the plan, because wherever you eat, it's a very long day.

However, given your responses, it seems like you like your plan and are sticking to it anyway, so might I at least suggest not serving beans on a first date? What with the possible unpleasant gastrointestinal consequences and all...

5. vintagesnaps

vintagesnaps Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    If she said to surprise her and you've known each other for some time, and she's been to your place before with a friend, then she must feel comfortable enough to have you make the plans for the date.

So what the heck, go with the Brazilian food but maybe since you're thinking of pasta in case she doesn't like what you make (which seems thoughtful of you), why not just make pasta as a side dish? Offer some choices so she can try something new, but doesn't end up feeling like she has to eat beans, lol or whatever the Brazilian dishes are, or have to tell you she doesn't like what you fixed.

It's different I think if you already know each other than a typical first date. It does sound though like a long time to go for a walk etc., then what does she do while you're fixing dinner? all afternoon and all evening seems a bit much. Maybe a camera or camera-less long walk would be better for a future date, maybe dinner then see if she wants to do some stargazing or watch a movie, etc.

And I don't know what that movie is but I started to glaze over reading the conversation, so unless you know she's into that maybe you should have more than one movie choice.

You're putting some thought into it which is nice, so I hope you have a fun evening.

6. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    Act like a lapdog and she will treat you like a dog and walk all over you

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

7. shearshusky

shearshusky TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Sounds like a great plan, your plan will work for me.

8. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Mostly everything has been covered.

Skip the camera. DO NOT TAKE IT. Really. Even though you've been friends, you'll want to try to start this on the right foot. The wrong foot includes taking pictures of squirrels and chipmunks in a park. You should focus your attention on HER, not your camera. You can go to the park any day of the week. Taking pictures on a first date, especially of the romantic interest, is weird, really really weird (even if you've been friends for a while).

Remember to be yourself. Listen to what she's saying and show a genuine interest in her and her life. You've been friends so you think you know her, but, there is so much you don't know about her.

Totally agree. This is way, way too long. Don't most first dates include a dinner and movie? I haven't dated in years, so I have no idea what it's like now.

9. JacaRanda

JacaRanda Hobbyist Birdographer

Photos OK to edit
    Basically, the whole dating thing is a crapshoot. I say go with your original plan; if it works it works, if it doesn't it doesn't.
    Much thought put into the way she may feel or think. Well, there is the other side of that. Hopefully, she is considerate enough to be wanting to get to know you also. She told you to surprise her, so do it your way.

This is not only the opportunity for you to find out something about her; it's just as important for her to find out things about you.
    Show you, be you! The earlier the better IMO.

• Like Like x 1
  10. runnah

runnah Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Exactly. Unless you are into that whole thing.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. waday

waday Do one thing every day that scares you Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    In that case, while stargazing, ask her to find Canis Minor, instead of the big dipper?

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. gsgary

gsgary Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit

She would probably rather go down to the pub and get pissed

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1