If there's no second date then you'll have to send all of us a sample of Brazilian food.

She didn't smoke around you? She was jonesing for one... maybe that's why she left early.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well you broke "Dude Rule #1 Never let them know where you live. Always I repeat always go to the their place that way you can leave when you want. Front door, back door or window :devilish:

Well you broke "Dude Rule #1 Never let them know where you live. Always I repeat always go to the their place that way you can leave when you want. Front door, back door or window :devilish:

Gentlemen Rule #1 - Don't follow the Dude Rules.

She didn't smoke around you? She was jonesing for one... maybe that's why she left early.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Or maybe they weren't hers. Any number of reasons they could be in there. Roomate, family member, clever hiding spot for her heroin... (I keeed I keeeeeeeed.) Hell, maybe she found the pack on the ground and hasn't gotten around to throwing it out yet.

If you are sensitive to cigarette smoke and she didn't smell like an ashtray, at a minimum she doesn't smoke in her car, and she may not smoke at all. One thing about smokers... they smell like smoke. Ask me how I know.

I don't smoke in my car but my wife smokes in hers. if I spend more than 5 minutes in that car I reek like an ashtray for hours.

This goes back to the ASK HER comment from page one. Assumptions are silly.

If she DOES smoke, and it's a deal breaker for you, let her know that right away. I wouldn't expect her to quit because you don't like it, but it's better then letting it smolder into a slow-burn resentment.

Well if you do intend on approaching her about the smoking thing approach with extreme caution. As a smoker I know from experience how much judgemental crap we put up with on a daily basis. It's kind of a sore subject for most of us at this point.

So I'd advise extreme caution at best, frankly I wouldn't bring it up at all unless at some point she lights up in front of you. Even then I'd be very, very careful how you handle it.

A good method I used to get my girlfriend to quit smoking was to make a deal with her: I stopped drinking beer (and smoking weed) and as a result, she quit smoking. But you have to be responsible and honest with that, I know how hard it is. On the other hand, you are half Brazilian and we have alot of pride, so that should be easier for us. And also, you won't give the impression of wanting something to change but rather that you will work on yourself first before changing anything else, sounds less selfish imo.

As for the rest, I hope you can hit a second date and wish you the best.

Paz e prosperidade.

Well if you do intend on approaching her about the smoking thing approach with extreme caution. As a smoker I know from experience how much judgemental crap we put up with on a daily basis. It's kind of a sore subject for most of us at this point.

Dude... you know smoking is bad for you, right? You should quit.

Dude... you know smoking is bad for you, right? You should quit.

Well gosh no, I didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up.
In all fairness, the human lungs developed as a means of transferring oxygen to the cells of the body and removing carbon dioxide, nitrogen and other gas byproducts from the body.

The inhalation of any untested foreign substances, not just tobacco products, is not a recommended activity. That would include untested, unstudied vapor products of dubious origin.

But then we as humans love to justify our own vices while stating the hazards of other peoples vices.

In all fairness, the human lungs developed as a means of transferring oxygen to the cells of the body and removing carbon dioxide, nitrogen and other gas byproducts from the body.

The inhalation of any untested foreign substances, not just tobacco products, is not a recommended activity. That would include untested, unstudied vapor products of dubious origin.

But then we as humans love to justify our own vices while stating the hazards of other peoples vices.

I'm not going to have to explain sarcasm and humor to YOU of all people, am I?? ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back