It was my flatulence.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So, @footballfan993, you'll have to let us know how it went.
Heck, he probably cancelled it after page 3.

Most likely my fault. Probably shouldn't have mentioned anything that happened on.. well, any first date I ever had. Though I can say not all of them ended up causing an international incident or a weekend spent in a Turkish jail. So.. well, maybe some were slightly more successful than others. So ya, there is that.
So you are saying that you escaped Turkey before they were able to capture you and there's an International Warrant out for your Arrest with a significant award tagged to it ?

Where do you live & work again ?

So, @footballfan993, you'll have to let us know how it went.
Heck, he probably cancelled it after page 3.

Most likely my fault. Probably shouldn't have mentioned anything that happened on.. well, any first date I ever had. Though I can say not all of them ended up causing an international incident or a weekend spent in a Turkish jail. So.. well, maybe some were slightly more successful than others. So ya, there is that.
So you are saying that you escaped Turkey before they were able to capture you and there's an International Warrant out for your Arrest with a significant award tagged to it ?

Where do you live & work again ?
Ok well if by escaped you mean was deported from with orders not to return then sure.

So no, no international arrest warrant issued by Turkey. Angola might be a different story entirely, but I'm a-ok with Turkish law enforcement as long as I never set foot in their country again.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Ok well if by escaped you mean was deported from with orders not to return then sure.

So no, no international arrest warrant issued by Turkey. Angola might be a different story entirely, but I'm a-ok with Turkish law enforcement as long as I never set foot in their country again.

My connections tell me otherwise. All I'm saying is if one day a stranger walks up to you and embraces you and says "Fıstığım!" then run. Don't look back. Just.Run.

My connections tell me otherwise. All I'm saying is if one day a stranger walks up to you and embraces you and says "Fıstığım!" then run. Don't look back. Just.Run.

Oh crap. I thought I had that whole misunderstanding with the Planters people taken care of - man, they can be some seriously ruthless bastages. Just didn't think they'd hold a grudge quite this long...

Oh crap. I thought I had that whole misunderstanding with the Planters people taken care of - man, they can be some seriously ruthless bastages. Just didn't think they'd hold a grudge quite this long...

They take their nuts seriously. The peanuts are one thing, but don't mess with the pistachios!

They take their nuts seriously. The peanuts are one thing, but don't mess with the pistachios!

Ok, well I should state for the record that Mr. Peanut did eventually recover, physically at least. I mean granted I guess he is going to need a lot more therapy but who doesn't, right?

You're both making heavy assumptions about what movie or food she will like. And that's my problem with the OP's date plan as well.

How much of this was planned because of conversations with her in which she has expressed interest in Brazilian food, or photography, or star-gazing? Or how much of it is planned because it "seems" romantic and what a woman wants?

The biggest mistakes are made by assuming. If you're unsure? Simple. ASK HER.

Not so much really. I like Steven Hawking. I think the guy is probably the smartest guy on the planet. I cannot for the life of me imagine being able to watch a movie featuring him and then feeling amorous at the end. The stargazing thing.. ok, sure. 2 hours of Steve explaining the nature of the universe? Ya.. sorry, no, not romantic.

I'm not saying that a Steven Hawking movie would make someone amorous. What I'm saying is that a chick flick might also not do the trick because maybe she's a woman who hates chick flicks. Plus, I'm not really fond of the idea that the whole purpose of the movie is to make the woman feel "amorous." It's a FIRST date. It should be about getting to know each other, not getting lucky.

(And just speaking personally, I'd be more likely to feel romantic towards someone if they appeal to my intellectual side, so yes, a documentary or Stephen Hawking movie just might work better than a chick flick for me. If someone showed me one of the gajillion Meg-Ryan-gets-the-guy film from the 90s, I'm more likely to be annoyed that he thinks I'm a stereotype instead of a real, actual person.)
A movie about Hawking, who divorced his long suffering wife (who did have an outside "relationship" while she was married to Stephen) to marry his nurse - and announced "I have finally married the woman I love" - and then divorced the nurse and returned to the first wife, who took him back and who updated her book about their life to include a happy ending . . . Sounds more like a soap opera than an intellectually challenging flick. The only thing missing is amnesia or the unexpected twin. I'm sorry about his tragic illness, but find him morally flawed for reasons beyond his marriages.

A movie about Hawking, who divorced his long suffering wife (who did have an outside "relationship" while she was married to Stephen) to marry his nurse - and announced "I have finally married the woman I love" - and then divorced the nurse and returned to the first wife, who took him back and who updated her book about their life to include a happy ending . . . Sounds more like a soap opera than an intellectually challenging flick. The only thing missing is amnesia or the unexpected twin. I'm sorry about his tragic illness, but find him morally flawed for reasons beyond his marriages.

Steven Hawking had an evil twin brother with amnesia? Huh.. well even so I still wouldn't want to sit through two hours of that either. Watching paint dry sounds more entertaining.

"The Forum is in dire need of a section where discussions can be held without the self-proclaimed comedians high-jacking the threads for their own personal amusement."

"The Forum is in dire need of a section where discussions can be held without the self-proclaimed comedians high-jacking the threads for their own personal amusement."
Dating advice was asked for and given, we are currently awaiting results. Mission accomplished. So please direct your high horse to the nearest place you can disembark from it and do so because let's face it, you of all people have zero right to register a complaint in this regard.

Last edited:

Dating advice was asked for and given, we are currently awaiting results. Mission accomplished. So please direct your high horse to the nearest place you can disembark from it and do so because let's face it, you of all people have zero right to register a complaint in this regard.

sarcasm.jpg

So, where are we now? he's come to his senses and realized this was not the best place to ask for this kind of advice and is never coming back? or he should give up on the entire Brazilian night of gourmet food and fun and just offer her a choice of peanuts or pistachios and bore her to death with a movie about Steven Hawking's evil twin?

Thanks Otherprof but explaining it didn't really help either in making it sound palatable! lol

Most reactions

Back