Daydreaming...

spiralout

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Yep, that's me 8x. :mrgreen: I wanted to have the sleeping me as the original, real element, and all the others part of some strange daydream. I found it really hard to convey that effectively without the selective coloring... but it's bothering me. It doesn't seem quite right. What are your thoughts/suggestions?

DSC_9218edit.jpg

What About a more confined selective color to just your body. Not a ellipse around you. I think that would help make you pop out a bit more in that pose. The red from the seats distracts from you.

Great idea and a like the structure used to achieve this look.

Very cool shot Scott :) I agree w/Vmann although I think it's an interesting idea, maybe just a bit less of a halo around you, but not completely to the point of the just having yoruself colored, b/c it gives the idea of you being spotlighted which I like :)

BTW are you doing a jig in the back of the class in the far left shot? :lol:

No, that is NOT the Scotty jig... I don't do that on camera. :lmao: That's supposed to be me being annoying and going through the aisle to get a seat. :D

Thanks guys, I'll try a smaller halo... although I don't know if I can get one too much smaller than the one I have right now...

I still think a selective color of just your body would present a stronger image. The red from the seats is what is bothering me.

I agree, it's the red seats that are distracting.

Have you tried it with only the 'other yous' in black & white? That might be an idea. Or how about if you gave each of them a color cast...like red, green, purple...

yeah... oly the body.. but it's a great idea :D I like it!

I agree, I'd say just colorize you... I almost wonder what it would be like to do the "old colorized black and white" effect, too... you know like you would see in the opening to "Cheers". (yes, dorky example I know)

I was playing around in Photoshop with this. Try having just the body colour selected then duplicate the photo and desaturate it all and set it to multiply. I think it works well. Might be a bit too dark to convey daydreaming thoguh.

Edit, also try overlay.

Thanks for your input, everyone. I guess I should've labeled it "okay to edit." Feel free to post your suggestions. I'll have to mess around with it some more when I get back on campus.

Oh yeah, <ding>. I like it.

I was also thinking the other day it might be interesting to flip the color and have only you in B&W, though my concern would be that it would get lost.

Nice though, well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back