did i ruin my roll of film?

vietarmis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
so i went to the beach today to get some cool frozen beach/lake shots with my holga. sure enough as we are leaving i realize while i was walking fast to get back into my warm car my holga opened up. it was only open for about 2 seconds and i shut it immediately and it didnt full open up. just about halfway.

before i go and pay to see if this even developed, is it probably ruined?

Depends on how many shots you had exposed. Unlike 35mm, 120 basically rolls itself back up as it moves from reel to reel. If you exposed most of the roll, chances are the first few shots were wound tightly enough to remain at least somewhat intact.

There's only one way to find out for sure. ;) Light fogging/piping can be a strange thing, so it's always worthwhile to develop the film and see what happened.

And now you know they really, really mean it when they say: "Always tape the back of your Holga!" You found out the hard way what can happen.

Good luck, hopefully you'll have a few shots from this roll. :)

heh, thanks for the replies. i'll just go get it developed.

im new to this...about how much does it cost to get a roll of 120 film developed? anything i should tell the person at the store that i want done specifically to it?

thanks

vietarmis said:
heh, thanks for the replies. i'll just go get it developed.

im new to this...about how much does it cost to get a roll of 120 film developed? anything i should tell the person at the store that i want done specifically to it?

thanks
Prices vary widely; I don't know your location. It might be helpful to tell them it's from a Holga and the back slipped off a mite. :lol: Maybe they'll not charge you the regular price if part of the roll is ruined.

Is it color or B&W? If you like to shoot a lot of B&W you save tons by developing yourself at home. :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back