digital camera body

ker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Anybody know... can older Nikon SLR lenses be used on the new Nikon digital camera body somehow?

The functions available will differ depending on lens and body, but in general - yes.

For example a Nikon 50mm f/1.8D lens will work on a Nikon D40 but will not auto focus.

Most older Nikon lenses can be used on the lower-end Nikon bodies. The D40 series, the D60, and the D5000 will all mount,and shoot pictures with, basically
ANY conventional Nikkor lens, even the pre-AI ones made from 1959 to 1977, as well as all Ai and AiS manual focus lenses made from 1977 to the present, as well as all AF, AF-i,AF-D,and AF-S, and AF-S G series lenses.

The lower end bodies like the D40,D60,D5000 will only give you autofocusing and light metering when using the newer AF-S or AF-S G series lenses.

Nikon has been making SLR bodies and SLR lenses for fifty years now,so if you have a specific question, it is always best to ask about a specific body,or bodies, if you want a definitive or complete answer.

Anybody know... can older Nikon SLR lenses be used on the new Nikon digital camera body somehow?

Well, I have three twenty-year old Nikon lenses that work just fine with my D80. The only issue is whether or not autofocus will function and that depends on the specific body. They WILL autofocus with the D80 and the D90. I'm not certain about the other bodies.

50mm f/1.4
85mm f/1.8
28-105mm f/3.5-f/4.5 with macro (discontinued ten years ago)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back