Do i have the right to be angry here

Life isn't fair.
If life was fair only people I like and respected would be more successful and talented.
If life was fair it would turn out that my talent and my experience and my equipment were exactly the magic combination to make me the best photographer in the world.
If life was fair it would turn out that all the lenses too expensive to afford or that didn't fit my camera were fatally flawed in either focus or design. (ditto, for other equipment)

But, just as I learned about age 6 that I really wasn't the adopted love child of Albert Einstein and one of the Rothschilds, I also have learned that other people's success is not my failure.

So I just have to go ahead, working hard with what I've got and hoping for the best.

Last edited:
lamest thread ever.

Someone call a whaa mbulance.

Whining is for whiners.

Grow a pair, get motivated and do something....otherwise STFU!

128808288138042674.jpg

Is he Filipino? If not then it probably doesn't apply to him. I was raised in a Filipino family as well and I know where your coming from. Why not go shooting together? Maybe his determination is so strong that he needs the $$ cause he has a family? Who knows. But being angry won't change anything.

"Other people's success is not my failure." - Traveler

That, right there, is a very good thing to focus on.

I read about 5 pages here and I'm going to jump in with my two cents without reading the rest.

First, you have a right to your emotions, regardless of anyone telling you otherwise.

Second, observations that this is a case of sour grapes coincide with my impressions - particularly with your followups.

Third, it sounds like you expected the members to agree with you - to justify your own feelings. You did not get that, and your continued rationalizing reflects that.

Finally, without knowing your goals and dreams, consider what they are. What is your motivation? For me, I love taking photos, and the selection process, and sharing them. I enjoy getting shots of other kids at my kids' events, because often they don't - I appreciate what those can mean to them. However, first and foremost, I do this for myself. I'd love to have a shot considered art by someone, but I am realistic - this is a hobby for me. I find inspiration in many things, but once I see the final result, I sometimes delete it. If someone ever likes my work well enough to buy it, that would be awesome. That's just me.

Have you considered engaging him instead? Take him to a pro workshop, hobby club meet, etc. Let him see reality, and them maybe he'll put the brakes on. If not, you've done what you could.

Good luck with this.

PS art is in the eye of the beholder

Sent from my iPhone using PhotoForum

Holy wow this thread is 9 pages? :lol:

That's awesome! :lol:

Everyone loves a good dead horse beating.

I still love me some good rant threads.
Remember that one from PhillyPhoton, bitching about adorama and how rude the salesman was...? :biglaugh:
(Am I Overreacting?)

Last edited:
Hmm almost to page 10, even rant threads rarely make it to 10. I am suprised no one has posted a trolling pic yet...

Wonder how long we can keep this going..

btw..

Do you have the right to be angry? Yes. But your friend also has rights, and one of them is to privacy, and also the right to do what he pleases with his money. Thanks to you a whole forum of people now know his personal financial business, if you were my friend I'd be pretty angry right about now. That's none of our business what his financial or family situation is, and now when his potential customers google him they might even find this thread where you not only reveal his personal info, but you also mock and insult his skill as a photographer, and that could be considered slander (or libel?? I'm not a lawyer) and it would fall squarely on your angry rear (and you could then make another rant thread). Good job on that one, if you were so concerned about his finances you wouldn't put him on blast publicly so that it would show up on google and potential clients would think twice about giving him cash.. hmmm smart thinking there, maybe you subconsciously meant for that to happen.

Rolling for first post on page 10?

Edit: Damn

Wonder how long we can keep this going..

btw..

Do you have the right to be angry? Yes. But your friend also has rights, and one of them is to privacy, and also the right to do what he pleases with his money. Thanks to you a whole forum of people now know his personal financial business, if you were my friend I'd be pretty angry right about now. That's none of our business what his financial or family situation is, and now when his potential customers google him they might even find this thread where you not only reveal his personal info, but you also mock and insult his skill as a photographer, and that could be considered slander (or libel?? I'm not a lawyer) and it would fall squarely on your angry rear (and you could then make another rant thread). Good job on that one, if you were so concerned about his finances you wouldn't put him on blast publicly so that it would show up on google and potential clients would think twice about giving him cash.. hmmm smart thinking there, maybe you subconsciously meant for that to happen.

:lol: Slander? Libel? :lol: Armchair lawyers.

Most reactions

Back