Do you consider yourself an artist?

Do you consider yourself an artist?

• Yes

Votes: 31 47.7%
  • No

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Somewhere in the middle

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • I own several berets and can talk for length about the "deep" meaning of a photo of a white wall

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • bacon

Votes: 16 24.6%
  • Hilarious 6th option

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
Maybe I should stick to commenting...

It depends on how the photo turned out.

If everyone that sees it ohs and ahs, I'm an artist.

I am not an artist. I wish I was, but I instinctively roll my eyes at most fine art photography.

All of the technicalities of photography are for the sellouts after all. lol

I'm a drinker... with a camera. I don't own any berets.

Also I'd like to point out that if you drink enough then it's easier to talk at length about the "deep" meaning of a photo of a white wall. ;-)

Yes.

And I drink wine.

But I drink my wine out of stemless glasses. Or OJ glasses when I run out of the 2 wine glasses that we own. Or solo cups. As a last resort. And my wine usually costs less than $10 a bottle. And I buy it based on alcohol content. :biglaugh:

I think anyone who creates art ... is an artist. The type of person you're describing is called, "Pretentious a$$hole".

There are some of them here, on this very forum, in fact. ...Although they may not dress exactly as you describe, but all the other personality-related symptoms are there. :sexywink:

Runnah, thx for including bacon in your poll.

But since there is no option for bacon wrapped bacon, I'm going to call your poll what it is: A fraud!!!

i think anyone who is creative is an artist. no matter what the medium. you can hear art after all...

some however, are more creative than others...

Sorry I didn't know the protocol beyond including bacon.

Sorry I didn't know the protocol beyond including bacon.

Bacon protocols vary from region to region, but bacon infractions usually warrant severe consequences, such as removal of said bacon.

Because? Bacon.

:sexywink:

I have supervised, those that think they are artists.:lmao:

skieur

I think what most people object to are the pompous artists who think their art doesn't stink.

Believe me; they are in every field of creative endeavor.

And they are actually no better artists, they just think they are.

And they have invested much of their persona in making other people believe they are something special.

Whenever I encounter someone like that, I take a long hard look at their "art" and simply judge for myself whether it is any good or not.

Last edited:
PS for what it's worth, I look dumb in a beret...

Yeah, you keep telling yourself it's the beret.

J/k

I don't consider myself an artist by any means, nor do I consider myself a photographer. Somehow I found myself in this "world" & I find it interesting. I'm just learning as much as I can, until the next thing catches my whim.

Well, I guess I'm trying to produce art, so that makes me an artist.

Feels very bold to actually claim that, though. I have no actual education as an artist.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back