Do you know your style?

1. Landscape/Nature
2. pretty strictly limited. I'll normally skip taking a good picture if there is anything man-made that can't be cropped out, even if it's small things like a fence in the background. I want the pics to appear as natural as possible. Only exception is if I am taking pics of old buildings which normally involves some type of nature taking over.
3. who wouldn't want to be better at what they like? As for other things like portiats and street, no thanks, they don't interest me the slightest bit.

Very Good questions and very interesting posts.

1) I don't limit myself, but i am still new to be comfortable in all areas ..i have so much more to learn.. . so the challenge is always new and fun..The only one i find extremely boring is still life.. or portraits of objects.. I have done many portraits of my animals.. . which is my all time favorite..

2) Nature/ wildlife animals is my ultimate enjoyment in photography... I am a true nature lover and lover of all living things.. so i find nature photos not only a learning experience but a fun experience... I am at total peace and contentment with my camera and wildlife..I am so happy i discovered this passion.. because i do not think anything else can compare.

3) I am learning more as i go about landscape The clouds and sky the trees and water scenes are thrilling to see .. so many many different unique scenes on any given day.. .to me it is all about outdoors...everything outside is alive and makes me happy that i am too....

Last edited:
Today I took photos of my jeans *LOL*

Attachments

• DSC_5818.jpg
    DSC_5818.jpg
    443.5 KB · Views: 211
  • DSC_5824.jpg
    DSC_5824.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 170
Do you limit yourself to one type of photography - landscapes, portraits, street, nature, etc. ?

Yes, but only for that day. I go out with a purpose.

2) Have you found you prefer one over the other?

Yes, street. I also like to shoot events, like steam engine / tractor shows.

3) Do you wish you were better at one over the other?

Probably astro, I prefer to get sleep so I can perform my regular job even though a night might be clear for it. I have to get up early.

1) Do you limit yourself to one type of photography - landscapes, portraits, street, nature, etc. ?

Yes in that I don't shoot everything. For example I don't have an interest in macro or wildlife. I gravitate towards people and travel photography.

Yes, definitely.

I don't want to get better at photography I am not attracted to, but I want to get better at photographing what moves me.

1. Not religiously.
2. I like making photos of people.
3. One can always get better.

But for the record - NONE of these questions have anything to do with actual PHOTOGRAPHIC STYLE, as it was implied in the thread title.

1. I love photography in general but for work I specialize in weddings and environmental portraits (so I photograph people). I wouldn't say I limit myself but I specialize in photographing people.
2. I prefer to photograph people.
3. No because as long as I like what I do then I'm ok with doing what I do even though it may not be perceived as better.

My "style" is hodgepodge. ;)

1) Do you limit yourself to one type of photography - landscapes, portraits, street, nature, etc. ?

I tend to shoot whatever is easy for me, if it requires planning or a lot of setup, I don't usually make the effort. Time is at a premium and I am inherently lazy. :BangHead: :biglaugh:

I enjoy nature shots the most, be it birds, macro, or whatever, it is good to get out and shoot, really reminds me that there is a world outside, and helps me to appreciate life. Sounds kind of corny but it's true, so there!

I think I improving in general is a good thing, but if there is one thing I have learned about myself, once I get good at something, I like to learn something else, it's good to have a new challenge occasionally. :icon_camera:

I take whatever presents itself or pops into my head. I may read an article about some type of photography or see an unusual photo that triggers an idea. No rhyme or reason needed.

I don't know if it counts as style or not but I really like the challenge of nature photography. One reason is I can do it right from my porch. There is also a making the best of what's handed to you side of things that I like especially when it comes out right.

I also love photographing my travels. But I like to do more than "I was here and saw this...". At the very least I try to find interesting angles and points-of-view and will often tour somewhere from opposite directions if possible, things can look very different from the "other" side.

I have little to no interest in photographing people unless its candid and it would take a big pile of money to talk me into photographing a wedding. Very big.

If there were a skill that I would like, I guess it would be "lighting". I've only worked with natural light and I know enough to know I don't know anything.

Most reactions

Back