does anyone own a Tamron Non Ai 70-210mm f/3.8-4 Macro Zoom Lens for Nikon

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would this lens be compatible with a nikon d500 camera.. and if so please add some info as to whether it is worth my purchasing.. just thinking about getting something cheap and new to me...thanks

153255837.sqheByhi._DSC4900_80200mmf4Nikkor_CROP_sm.jpg

Here is an excellent manual focus genuine Nikkor zoom lens, the 80 -200 f/4 AI-S.You want an AI or Ai-s era lens at least...pay no more than $40 for a non-Nikon lens in this category.

View attachment 189738
Here is an excellent manual focus genuine Nikkor zoom lens, the 80 -200 f/4 AI-S.You want an AI or Ai-s era lens at least...pay no more than $40 for a non-Nikon lens in this category.
thanks will look this up...

is this lens compatible with d500. just happened to come across this one..wide angle lens.Nikon NIKKOR 70-210mm f/4-5.6 D AF Lens. ......thanks in advance..

Last edited:
Af-d is compatible according to chart

There is also a 70-210 straight f/4. KEN Rockwell's website has reviews of these older lenses. Make sure not to overpay for this lens. For example in the summer of 2017 I bought a Tokina of the same specification 70-210 F4 to F 5.6 for about $19.95 at a pawn shop that has a fairly large used photo equipment section.

The lens you are looking at is at least 25 years old so you should not pay too much

There is also a 70-210 straight f/4. KEN Rockwell's website has reviews of these older lenses. Make sure not to overpay for this lens. For example in the summer of 2017 I bought a Tokina of the same specification 70-210 F4 to F 5.6 for about $19.95 at a pawn shop that has a fairly large used photo equipment section.

The lens you are looking at is at least 25 years old so you should not pay too much
thanks a bunch... ALSO what is the quality of photos in your opinion.. i will also look at ken rockwells website.. i appreciate your help..

This lens was a fairly good model when it was released. Most telephoto lenses of the 1980s and 1990s are about as good as we have today, with the exception of really high dollar lenses.

The Nikon 70-210 f/4~ f/5.6 was aimed at the advanced hobbyist Market and as I recall was priced at $359 or so in 1992. For comparison at the time I rented a two-bedroom house for $325 a month in Salem Oregon at around the same time.

The quality of the pictures should be relatively good at at f/4, and f/5.6 and f/8 should yield excellent results on your D500.

Last edited:
The quality of the photos is more dependent upon the photographer and her technique and her post processing than it is upon the equipment.

The quality of the photos is more dependent upon the photographer and her technique and her post processing than it is upon the equipment.
So true!!

Most reactions

Back