What's new

does this look fake

JustinL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
154
Reaction score
58
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this photo of my car and its new motor but I think it look a little fake like a composite. There's very little Photoshop, there was 2 flashes with snoots on the motor and a flash with a red gel on the car.

 
Last edited:
In what sense ? Fake how ? it's a real picture of a real motor overlaying a suggestion of a car in the background. No, you will never see that in the real world so I guess it's a fake scene using real objects. The bigger question is "why"
 
To me, it looks like two separate shots layered together with Photoshop.

There does not appear to be any support whatsoever for the freshly rebuilt straight-6 engine, and it definitely would not 'balance' sitting on the pan, as shown. Also, who would dangle/support/leave their 4-500 pound engine sitting on (or even rear of?) the tailgate of their pickup?
 
I don't normally tell people when I'm laughing at them, but srsly? Is this supposed to look natural?
 
I understand your question, and I do agree that it does look somewhat like a composite, however knowing your lighting, it looks fine. My suggestion would be a low-power strobe to illuminate the ground and underside/back of the vehicle & engine. This should provide some separation and give you a more "natural" look.
 
It doesn't look like a render, but it does look like a composite.
 
The lighting doesn't match. Why is the truck hauling a rebuilt engine so far back in the truck bed that it should be falling out? It looks not only fake, but also loony.
 
The engine is sitting on some sort of stand behind the car! I assume it's not in front of the car because the taillights are awesome, and the front of the thing is utterly mundane?
 
its not a truck its a car and the motors sitting on a stand about 3 feet behind it. I was afraid it looks like composite like a few of you said even though it's not this is exactly how it was. But I think I got my answer.

heres a shot with the lights on for those who couldn't understand.

 
Last edited:
What is that car, anyways? It's a design catastrophe, but I kind of love it ;)
 
What is that car, anyways? It's a design catastrophe, but I kind of love it ;)

That's exactly how i felt lol, I saw the tail lights and had to have one. It's a 1961 comet, it was really the a left over version of the new Edsel but after the failure of the old Edsel they quickly called it a comet under no manufacturer name and sold them off. Then in 1962 they redesigned it and put it under the mercury name and it became the mercury comet.
 
Now that's an interesting photo! It has an almost T/S toy-like quality. At first, I thought the engine was a tiny plastic model.
 
I think that the picture would be really good with the lighting being somewhere between the two pictures that you have posted. Maybe some colored lights in the floor shining up from under the motor, I'm not sure but I really think there is potential.

Or you could PS the motor lift out of that last picture and it would be a cool leveitation thing going on.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom