What's new

DONATING! Film Cameras

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 9, 2014
Messages
1,396
Reaction score
506
Location
United States
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Since Pixmedic is cleaning out his closet, I guess I should clean mine as well. Lately, I've seen a few people get into film, and I just don't care for it. Do these work? I think so? If only one person wants it, I'll send the lot to one person. If a lot of people want it, I'll send one to three. The Canon doesn't come with a lens. I'll send the Minoltas with a lens or two. US shipping only.

Canon EOS 650 Film
Minolta - SRT 201 Film
Minolta - XG-M Film

$c1.webp
 
I'm all set for film SLRs at this point, so don't send them to me, but kudos to you for donating! :)
 
Does New Zealand count as US Shipping? :P
 
Bit of a drive lol. You know NZ is not part of Australia right? I've heard a lot of Americans think we are one country

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
Bit of a drive lol. You know NZ is not part of Australia right? I've heard a lot of Americans think we are one country

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk


I honestly did not know that. I've been to NZ before, and to get to Aussie, I had to hop on a plane to fly over, so I figured that the boat ride from NZ to Aus is shorter than the boat ride from NZ to US for ya. I'll keep it dusted.
 
Bahaha thanks mate!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
 
I like film a lot and do lots of black and white and landscaping. I am in Massachusetts
 
I love Minoltas...wouldn't mind adding an SRT 201 to my "collection". I regularly shoot with my X-700, but my X-370 stopped working. :/ Think I might just need to replace the capacitor, just haven't had the time.
 
I'm a fan of this. Good on you. Keep up the good work!
 
I love Minoltas...wouldn't mind adding an SRT 201 to my "collection". I regularly shoot with my X-700, but my X-370 stopped working. :/ Think I might just need to replace the capacitor, just haven't had the time.


SRT 201 is yours. PM me your address.
 
I'm a fan of this. Good on you. Keep up the good work!
Don't give me any credit. Pixmedic is the donation king that pioneers this idea. Thank my receivers for cleaning my closet.
 
Last edited:
I'm a fan of this. Good on you. Keep up the good work!
Don't give me any credit. Pixmedic is the donation king that pioneers this idea. Thank my receivers for cleaning my closet.

Thanks, but...I doubt im the first to give some stuff away here on TPF.
My wife got a lot of help when she was first starting out in photography from wedding and studio photographers we were friends with.
They were nice enough to mentor and let her shoot with them. Plus, we picked up a lot of gear from them as they got newer stuff.
Them sharing their resources (knowledge and equipment) had a pretty big impact on my wife deciding to start taking clients of her own when we moved.
I don't know if we could have done that as quickly or as effectively without their help the first few years.
I don't think we are doing anything overly special here, simply paying forward a small portion of the generosity we have received from other photographers along the way, and that's what we feel this photographic community is all about.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom