Dropped my camera, aperture gone? Help please

skyee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My Lens: Cannon EOS-M

Hi, I dropped my camera and now everything is dark and blurry, Also there is a ring that i can see in side the lens, it moves a lil when i shake the lens. Also, Nothing happens when i change the aperture.
Please help, Is it the aperture thats broken? or loose? Is it repairable?
Here is the image: Pasteboard - Uploaded Image
IXyJ7EW.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
I think it's safe to say that it's broken, yes. Can it be repaired? Possibly. Is it economically feasible? Unlikely. I would suggest looking for a replacement on eBay and similar places.

I'm sure its well and truly broken.
It is probably cheaper to find a used replacement but there are repair houses that will do an evaluation for a nominal fee that can be applied to the repair.

Do you have another lens to try? It is likely that the camera may have issues as well.

thanks for the reply guys, no, i dont have any other lens,
and i do not think the camera is broken, everything seems like normal.
I will go the the repair centre tomorrow to see what's what. I hope the aperture ring is just misaligned and can be fixed. :(

From the image it appears as if an internal element has become dislodged/broken and is now free floating within the lens. It may be cheaper in the long run to replace as there may be more issues than what is currently known.

I would suggest having both the lens and camera looked at and then deciding an appropriate course of action.

Thanks zombiesniper, i think the same, the part moves when i shake the lens slightly ;(

Well look on the bright side, I dropped my Nikon 24-70 f/2.8 and broke it. So at least you're not me :(

So, I got it fixed, Yippie :D
A part was broken inside, the guy patched it, and also one of the aperture blades were loose.
Cost me around 50 dollars

@BillM .. aw man, that would give me a mini heart attack, Did u get it repaired tho? :O

If it were a Leica lens you could have sent it to a tech, waited 10 months and be charged $475.

Most reactions

Back