Dslr too big for every day! What should i get?

Pick up a smaller consumer DSLR like a D3100 and get a Think Tank Urban Disguise man bag.

^^^ iPhones take some decent photos these days and you always, always have it.

Going to be very interesting to see real world examples of the Nokia Lumia 1020 with the 41MP camera that will start shipping at the end of this month. The sensor is considerably larger than any other smartphone camera. In fact I think it's even larger than an s100. There's an optional camera grip to make it easier to shoot with as well. All the reviews I've read so far say the image quality is amazing.

It's just that I'm missing lots of shots because I don't want to take it everywhere. I have enough to carry every day in my regular job, you know? E.g., I've been looking at leica m9 as a replacement because if its reputation and lower profile

Totally get this, but if you take that shot you missed with a less capable camera, will it be good enough for you to frame?

My philosophy is generally either I take the big camera, or I accept that I miss the shots.

Totally get this, but if you take that shot you missed with a less capable camera, will it be good enough for you to frame?

My philosophy is generally either I take the big camera, or I accept that I miss the shots.

I would rather have an M9 than a D800 i dont think the D800 is very big

Reaaaaly. I didn't know I could use an adapter. Very interesting sir!

My pleasure, sir.

...if you take that shot you missed with a less capable camera, will it be good enough for you to frame?...

Here is the work David Taylor Hughes over at soundimageplus is producing with his Nikon 1 V1. All worthy of framing, in my view :) SOUNDIMAGEPLUS - : Nikon 1 V1 - early morning light - more fanboy gushing

Best Regards,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Isn't that a bit like saying that if you don't write things with the certain specific pencil or paint things with a certain specific brush, that the end result won't be good?
A rather mechanistic way of looking at art.
What did you do before the age of high pixel density slrs?

Isn't that a bit like saying that if you don't write things with the certain specific pencil or paint things with a certain specific brush, that the end result won't be good?

Hum...Thats like trying to convince a professional photographer that a consumer DX camera from Walmart shoots just as well as his/her Pro FX cameras.

Any shot with a "less capable" camera is better than no shot with the camera that's not there.

There are cases where a lesser camera cannot get the shot... poor lighting, motion blur, missing a moment due to shutter lag. There are also cases where I can get it but the quality won't be enough to satisfy me.

Going back to your analogy, it's like saying I won't write anything if all I have is a hunk of charcoal, and I won't paint anything if all I have is the color blue. It's just not worth the frustration to me.

Mind you, I'm not so much advocating not taking the picture because all you have is a lesser camera. I'm more advocating not leaving the better camera at home. Subtle but significant difference.

That said, I won't take the shot if I don't have the better camera because it will be all in blue and smeared and blotchy. :)

My serious photographic set up for an actual shoot involves two Canon D-SLRs and at least three of my lenses.

However, for travelling light, I used the tiny Pentax Q-10. The Q series still have full D-SLR controls, interchangeable lenses, are tiny, and above all are lots of fun to use. (Still, I would prefer if it had a viewfinder - but obviously that would add to the size).

I picked up a Sony RX100 a few weeks ago.

Very compact, customizable and full manual control. Zeiss f1.8 (at its widest) lens.

I like it a lot !

Pick up an F2 or F3 with a 50mm f1.4 ais, a 24mm f2.8 ais and a 105mm f2.5 ais.

Don't look back.

This is actually what I had planned to do. Already bought an old 50mm non-AI and had it AI'd.

Reaaaaly. I didn't know I could use an adapter. Very interesting sir!

My pleasure, sir.

...if you take that shot you missed with a less capable camera, will it be good enough for you to frame?...

Here is the work David Taylor Hughes over at soundimageplus is producing with his Nikon 1 V1. All worthy of framing, in my view :) SOUNDIMAGEPLUS - : Nikon 1 V1 - early morning light - more fanboy gushing

Best Regards,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

I'm actually considering a Nikon 1 V 1 w/30-110mm to keep in the glove box. I don't have any issue hauling my D7100 w/28-70mm 2.8 with me weight wise but I worry about smash an grabs when I have to make stops.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back