Dslr too big for every day! What should i get?

After seeing things along the road and around my neighborhood that I wanted to photograph but couldn't I bought 2 Canon PowerShot SX260s. I carry one in the small cargo pocket of the shorts I always wear when I'm out and about. I carry the other one in the pocket of my exercise shorts I wear when hiking around the Jacksonville. The one in my exercise shorts is inside a case in the event I get caught in the rain. I just don't like being without a camera. If I am I invariably see something I want to photograph.

Totally get this, but if you take that shot you missed with a less capable camera, will it be good enough for you to frame?
My philosophy is generally either I take the big camera, or I accept that I miss the shots.

Isn't that a bit like saying that if you don't write things with the certain specific pencil or paint things with a certain specific brush, that the end result won't be good?
A rather mechanistic way of looking at art.
What did you do before the age of high pixel density slrs?

Hum...Thats like trying to convince a professional photographer that a consumer DX camera from Walmart shoots just as well as his/her Pro FX cameras.

Yeah, but a consumer DX camera in the hands of a good photographer will end up taking the better photo. If you look up images by camera on Flickr, you still see an enormous amount of absolute crap shot on the state of the art equipment.

A crappy, consumer camera might limit you in some ways, but the best camera is that one that you actually have with you when there is a good image to be taken.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back