Ello from Norway!

Lieniitte

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ello, all! :)

I am currently living abroad in Norway, originally from Latvia and, wow, I could stand outside all day every day just looking around..
Been at photography for about 3 years now, though the last one has been quite busy and I've only had the occasional chance to take my camera out. I'm planning on starting to do so more often again and hope to get some feedback on here, as I do wish to grow and gain confidence and work my way up to maybe working in the field of photography

My biggest problem is actually getting to the editing stage. Usually I open Lightroom after a shoot, spend a couple hours on choosing the right editing style for the session and doing a few photos, but simply don't have time to finish it before I do my next shoot, unless I am absolutely in love with the entire session just finished. :D

I love outdoor people photography and I try my hand at Northern lights when they pop up.

A question I have about the forums, is there a place where it is common to post some favorite photos I've done to get some feedback about them, to start off?

I look forward to spending more time on here :)

Welcome! So glad you found our little community! Look forward to seeing your photos! To get started with feedback, just pick one of the categories under the Photo Galleries section and have at it. Browse around the "people photography" section and the "landscape photography" section for how other people are doing it.

Ello, all!
My biggest problem is actually getting to the editing stage. Usually I open Lightroom after a shoot, spend a couple hours on choosing the right editing style for the session and doing a few photos, but simply don't have time to finish it before I do my next shoot, unless I am absolutely in love with the entire session just finished. :D

Welcome from the eastern part of the US.
You may be the first Latvian member and certainly you are the only Norwego-Latvian. "\:1247:/"

A question I have about the forums, is there a place where it is common to post some favorite photos I've done to get some feedback about them, to start off?
Hello and welcome!

I'd like to offer my suggestion for posting your photographs. Please do not post a "mini portfolio" of 10 or 12 of your favorites and ask for a critique. You can set up a gallery on here for posting lots of your favorites, but when asking for a critique, my preference is for only one photograph per thread. Or two if you are showing a "before and after" editing kind of thing.

Read more here: How to structure your posts to get critiques on your work C C Photography Forum

Thank you, everyone, for the welcomes and advice! :)

Ello, all!

Welcome from the eastern part of the US.
You may be the first Latvian member and certainly you are the only Norwego-Latvian. "\:1247:/"

Thanks, I feel special. :D

Hello and welcome!

I'd like to offer my suggestion for posting your photographs. Please do not post a "mini portfolio" of 10 or 12 of your favorites and ask for a critique. You can set up a gallery on here for posting lots of your favorites, but when asking for a critique, my preference is for only one photograph per thread. Or two if you are showing a "before and after" editing kind of thing.

Read more here: How to structure your posts to get critiques on your work C C Photography Forum

Thanks, I will do that. Definitely from newer shoots as I do them. How about to start off? I've never really gotten any critique for what I do. I'm not counting the people I take the photos for and family who don't know much about photography. They always say only nice things. And I'd love to hear people's thoughts on some of my work that I have already done. Maybe there is something negative that sticks out and I need to address immediately. :D Would there be a way to do that?

Thanks, I will do that. Definitely from newer shoots as I do them. How about to start off? I've never really gotten any critique for what I do. I'm not counting the people I take the photos for and family who don't know much about photography. They always say only nice things. And I'd love to hear people's thoughts on some of my work that I have already done. Maybe there is something negative that sticks out and I need to address immediately. :D Would there be a way to do that?
Certainly!

As I wrote; select one photograph for which you have questions.

Post it in the appropriate forum. (i.e.; people, landscapes, etc.)

Ask your question(s).

Helpful tips; leave the EXIF intact, and tell us what you attempted to do and what do did to achieve your goal.

Certainly!

As I wrote; select one photograph for which you have questions.

Post it in the appropriate forum. (i.e.; people, landscapes, etc.)

Ask your question(s).

Helpful tips; leave the EXIF intact, and tell us what you attempted to do and what do did to achieve your goal.

I don't mean to ask about something that has already been answered, I'm sorry. But what if I have around 8-10 photos from previous works I would like to get critique on? Do I post them in separate threads? Take a day or 2 in between posting them? I really am new to any photography forums, so I want to do it in a way that people would have no reason for being annoyed by my postings. :D

Maybe some members here have no problem with offering a critique on 10 photographs, but IMO:

1. It's too many to spend any reasonable amount of time on them all in order to give a good critique.

2. For most people who are new to photography (as you yourself said you are) they like everything, so they think all their shots are extremely artistic, but in reality what you want is the unvarnished truth.

3. Before you ask a question, you can use the search tool to attempt to find the answer that has already been given.

4. If you wish to post up 10 shots, please number them so we all know which ones we are talking about.

5. If you post up 10 shots in your "critique" thread, don't be dismayed if the "critiques" are short and superficial.

6. If you have two or three shots that are obviously in a theme, and you would like critique on the theme, that is different, but don't expect critique on each individual photograph in detail.

7. Pay attention to the name of the forum, so you can get the photographs in the proper place.

8. If you have posted your entire portfolio on another website, you can post a link to it at any time, and even include that link in your signature lines.

9. If you wish to reference somebody else's photography, post a link, not the actual photograph.

Maybe some members here have no problem with offering a critique on 10 photographs, but IMO:

1. It's too many to spend any reasonable amount of time on them all in order to give a good critique.

2. For most people who are new to photography (as you yourself said you are) they like everything, so they think all their shots are extremely artistic, but in reality what you want is the unvarnished truth.

3. Before you ask a question, you can use the search tool to attempt to find the answer that has already been given.

4. If you wish to post up 10 shots, please number them so we all know which ones we are talking about.

5. If you post up 10 shots in your "critique" thread, don't be dismayed if the "critiques" are short and superficial.

6. If you have two or three shots that are obviously in a theme, and you would like critique on the theme, that is different, but don't expect critique on each individual photograph in detail.

7. Pay attention to the name of the forum, so you can get the photographs in the proper place.

8. If you have posted your entire portfolio on another website, you can post a link to it at any time, and even include that link in your signature lines.

9. If you wish to reference somebody else's photography, post a link, not the actual photograph.

If it were possible I would both 'like' and 'agree' with Designer's posts above.

New photographers generally don't have enough experience or skills to profit from a 'portfolio review' which deals more with styles and intent.

What new photographers invariably need is comment about formatting, composition and technical issues that keep individual pictures from being as successful as they might be.

If you post 10 or 12 pictures, then the comments will be scattered and won't be as helpful as if they were confined to one or even two images. Then you can interpolate these comments and develop a more coherent understanding of where you are right and where you are going astray.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back