Encounter with a weird home owner.

BenjaminJ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Brief backstory. Im down in Ohio visiting my mom, since I couldn't come down on mothers day. My uncle lives nearby and his awning was becoming frayed, and since my mom sews and quilts for a living, we went over to my uncles house so she could fix it. I didn't want to sit around watching so I decided to go for a photo walk. He lives out in farm country, so I was mostly taking pictures of broken down barns and birds.

So I'm walking along the edge of the road, looking for interesting things to take pictures of when I hear a woman yell out behind me "Hey Sir". I turn and see her walking towards me so I turned around to meet her (she was a ways a way). She comes up to me and asks me why I took a picture of her house. I explained to her that I hadn't (I didn't know which house was hers, but I hadn't taken any pictures of ANY house so I knew she was mistaken). She then states that its an invasion of her privacy and that she is going to call the sheriff. I again stated that I hadn't and started to try and show her the photos on my camera so that she could see that I hadn't. She just looks at me and states that she doesn't care what I show her, she saw me take the pictures.

Inside my head, I decide that there aint no talking to this woman. I looked at her, stated again that I hadn't taken pictures of her home, but that even if I had, it wasn't illegal. I told her to go call the sheriff then went on my way shaking my head at how dumb people can be. The only thing I can think of for her to be so paranoid was that she had to be hiding something. Someone in the house has a warrant, or is being sued or something. Everyone else I had encountered today smiled and waved hello as I walked by.

lol.. nice story. I think I read a similar one a few days back on this forum. People are funny!

IMO, no, she is just Ohio (or Iowa, Texas, Nebraska, N&S Dakota, etc, etc.) Nothing to worry about.

"yeah I did take a photo of your house. I cant tell you what it is for im not allowed to. But for fifty dollars I will delete it for you"

"yeah I did take a photo of your house. I cant tell you what it is for im not allowed to. But for fifty dollars I will delete it for you"

For $100, I'll delete it. For $50, I'll drop an 8x10 in the mail for you.

If I get the $100, I'll merrily reformat the card in front of them. I'd then put fresh cards in, continue shooting, and when I get home do a file recovery on the reformatted card.

I still get all my shots, plus $100.

For $100, I'll delete it. For $50, I'll drop an 8x10 in the mail for you.

If I get the $100, I'll merrily reformat the card in front of them. I'd then put fresh cards in, continue shooting, and when I get home do a file recovery on the reformatted card.

I still get all my shots, plus $100.

Well, I'd just format the card for 100 bucks, and take another one right in front of her. That's called repeat business ;)

She's afraid you're one of them government aliens here to abduct her to Planet Washington and give her probings with money, probably.

She's afraid you're one of them government aliens here to abduct her to Planet Washington and give her probings with money, probably.

Ok that really ticks me off. Look people, those of us who did travel millions of light years to get here have zero interest in abducting the backwater denizens of this marvelous planet that you so cleverly named dirt.

We really have no interest in mutilating cows or probing your silly anuses. So just get over yourselves already.

Lol

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I've gotten into situations like this a few times. It always cracks me up after.

My usual approach is:

1. I didn't do _____. (even if I did) I was actually shooting _____.
2. Sure, go ahead and call the cops. I'll wait right here.
3. They leave, and so do I. lol

I have had one cop come up and bug me about it. He just wanted to see if I was up to something, decided I was just shooting, and shook his head and went on his way.

She maybe thought she'd seen you taking pictures. Was she an older woman? I know my Mom's friend can get like that. She can see someone walking down her street carrying a golf club and be certain that they're about to turn her front yard into a driving range.

I'd tell her to call the Sheriff, but I wouldn't let her impede my progress. The Sheriff would show up, ask me what I was doing, and then would let me go after I told them...

This is kind of funny considering my uncle's story from the last week:

He was riding with my cousin in small town, SD to get something to eat. They passed a particularly slow driver who then followed them into Hardee's. The passenger of the other car jumped out and got in my uncle's face (also the passenger). He told her to get lost and walked around her. She got in his face two more times in the restaurant before her husband came out from behind the counter to stop her. My uncle looks at the guy and says "You need to do something with her. She's on drugs." The lady hands her purse to her husband and pops my uncle in the eye.

After her husband restrains her, she sobs "He said I was on drugs.... and I am."

No lie, there are some doozies out there.

Story got better when the sheriff went to check on my uncle at the lake cabin and called my aunt when my uncle didn't respond. He got permission from my aunt and went into the cabin when my uncle hadn't responded in a few minutes. Turns out the sheriff found my uncle fine and dandy sitting on the toilet.

She was waiting on you to offer some free boudoir glam shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back