EOS 7D for idiots :)

Gbb911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone!

I appologize for stupid question... I played with photography long time ago, in the time of film in camera, stopped and would like to continue now, but we are into complete different, digital world now... Bought used EOS 7D, but had no idea there are Mark I and Mark II... Went to Chapters today to buy some books, found one I was particularely interested in "Canon EOS 7D Mark II for dummies" (or as I like to say "for idiots like me" :) , but later found out my camera is Mark I...

Can I still use that book to learn how to use my camera? How different, specially in operating and instructions are Mark I and II? I understand those cameras are different in some technical details, but they could be very similar to operate... This book is fairly expensive, I will return it if Mark I and II are very much different...

Thank you very much in advance for your help and advices!

20210906_151929.jpg

Most Canon EOS cameras work very similar. You should have no problem using that book. Try searching YouTube for videos on how to use the mk1.

Reactions: WAB
I'm sure you can find a Mark I manual for next to nothing. It may just say 7D as I don't thing the add the "Mark" to the original version.

Here is the link to the Canon page that contains all the manuals. You can download the PDF for nothing.

The 7D is still a great camera and will produce great images. I still use mine all the time.

It's built like a tank too; it once got blown over in a storm on a tripod, landing hard on tarmac and running water.

It was fine.

It's built like a tank too; it once got blown over in a storm on a tripod, landing hard on tarmac and running water.
This is why I pay up for pro grade equipment. Photography is often an outdoor go anywhere activity. You can't get the shot if the camera has to stay behind.

Reactions: WAB
The AF system is more complicated in the 7Dmkii, and there may be some other functions that don't work (like EC in manual mode) but other than that I think the menu system is fairly similar

Most reactions

Back