I saw the F-18 Super Hornet at an airshow recently. As he launched from the runway in the space of a few seconds he went into a 70 degree climb. Just a sick amount of power that plane has. I'm sorry to see the 14 go but at least it's being replaced by a more than capable plane. Speaking of the f-22, A few weeks ago the local airbase had an open house. For about 15 minutes an F-22 and an A-10 circled over my house. I let my wife take pictures but much to my dismay she didn't zoom so I got shots of 2 small planes and a lot of sky. I could have cried. They were no more than 200 feet off the ground. What a missed opportunity. Needless to say my wife can't touch my camera anymore. I wasn't quite right for the next couple weeks.