F.S. Lincoln Photographer

obsucrarex

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Does anyone on here know anything about F.S. Lincoln a 1930's photographer out of NYC. He mainly worked in architectural photographs and was contracted by Williamsburg, VA to document the restoration of Williamsburg. He was a family friend and I have come into ownership of two signed photographs. I desperately want to figure out the code on the back because it will tell me what the photographs are of, but I can not find ANYTHING on him. The unique thing about it is they are stamped " for reference only" the only other image i could find of his stamp says something along the lines of no copies w.o giveing him credit. This makes me think they may be original copies from Williamsburg because Williamsburg Society held the right to reprint his work not him, but I am not sure.
Does anyone on her know of him and his work? Even if you don't know much I'd like to know if you've at least heard of him. Thank you

Does anyone on here know anything about F.S. Lincoln a 1930's photographer out of NYC.

He was a friend of our family as well, and took the most amazing photographs of our family's NYC townhouse, and a family "apartment" also in NYC. All of our photos from him, about 20, are hand signed and dated and also include the somewhat cryptic numbering system you mention. Would also like to find out more about him...

Dear obsucrarex, I recently took apart a frame containing three photos signed by F S Lincoln, they are interior images of a home built by my grandfathers firm Murphy- Brinkworth Construction Company the photos are black&white the home i believe was on long island and designed by Edward Durell Stone in the late 40's sincerely Fitter

Dear obsucrarex

obsucrarex only ever posted this one time, and has not been active on the forum's since.

In other words - obsucrarex likely won't see your post.

From obsucrarex's profile page - Last Activity 06-07-2011 - 10:30 PM

Dear obsucrarex

obsucrarex only ever posted this one time, and has not been active on the forum's since.

In other words - obsucrarex likely won't see your post.

From obsucrarex's profile page - Last Activity 06-07-2011 - 10:30 PM

Awww...I just HATE it when I get suckered into reading an old thread and don't even realize it!! :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back