Fall leaves around the pond in N.E.

NancyMoranG

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
hi all,
Fall is in full bloom here. other than telling me the horizon is crooked, which seems to be a constant problem for me :)....any critique is helpful.
Am on a laptop and it looks lighter when I saved it. (?)
It was a cloudy, gray sky around 4-5 in afternoon.
I took a lot of angles on this but here are 3.
Thanks for looking.
Island Creek Foliage 2.jpg

Island Creek fall (1024x678).jpg

Island Creek fall 2 (678x1024).jpg

Nice job! Pretty colors, I may be tempted to bump the saturation.
No matter how many times I fuss with my laptop calibration/brightness I never seem to get perfect, either...

Hi Nancy, what a beautiful place!
I think with a little tweaking the second one is the one. The first one suffers from the sky being grey, the second is my fav with a tweak in the crop.
Autumn colours really depend on the correct white balance and I think you are a little too cool here. Shooting reflection shots like this composition is really important also, in both 2 and 3 I think there is too much water it really draws the attention because there is too much of it and a lack of contrast. I did a quick edit on #2 bringing down the blues, bringing down the blacks, sharpened and cropped, with the crop you don't lose the dock it balances the image nicely :)
Nancy.JPG
Island Creek fall (1024x678)-1.JPG

Thanks Pixel, what a difference! I will play around with that. Never realized blue was even an issue.
I used to ice skate on this pond 43 yrs ago. Am back here for a volunteer gig that ended this weekend. We are on our way to N.Carolina for the winter.

You are quite welcome Nancy :) I only brought the blues down a teeny tiny bit but such a BIG difference it makes, I think it really cleans things up. It is a clunky quick edit but I think there is great potential in there. That's so cool to come back to places like this, it is good for the soul.

I agree that #2 is the one! Nice shot Nancy - gorgeous fall scene. Love the edit too Rabbit, very nice.

Most reactions

Back