Family Portrait

Too cute!
My only comment would be they look like they are just heads and torso's in #1, but other then that great pictures!

With the lens I find it hard to get the blurry background unless you are right in their face w/ it... The aperture is not low enough to get the blurry background... At least this is what I get with what I read, because I wanted the blurry background as well.. So I bought the 50mm f/1.8 lens for $100

With the lens I find it hard to get the blurry background unless you are right in their face w/ it... The aperture is not low enough to get the blurry background... At least this is what I get with what I read, because I wanted the blurry background as well.. So I bought the 50mm f/1.8 lens for $100

thats exactly what I found, I had to get right up to her to get it. I used to do the same thing w/my point and shoot. I figured I could achieve this task easily with a dslr. I'll have to look into that lense. Thats a real bummer.

First of all I think they are good to start with.... but may I suggest a 1:1 crop om #3? Maybe a little adjustment of the levels... Kinda like

LittleBoyInColor.jpg

Or... what about an old time look for the little cowboy? maybe like....

LittleBoyInSepia.jpg

Good shooting Jason. Nice set. I see some really good things in these. I love the little tot sitting next to that stump--a beautiful expression on that one. The "cowboy" shot is cute too. The family group's lighting is a bit hot on the mom and baby....dad seems to be over there in the dark a bit, but...still, nice fill-flash + ambient balance.

Your photos are starting to look "sicker",and more-controlled, more in-charge.

I love 3 & 5! So cute. Great job :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back