ferris wheel! ^_^ C & C please

rasheemo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ferris_Wheel_by_Halcyphilia.jpg

hey guys, still learning. it looks underexposed but that's just from the post-processing effects. i thought it might look better this way but i could be wrong. thanks in advance. you guys rock =]

A neat image; I very much like the perspective, unfortunately, the sky was not your friend today. I think the best way to approach this one would be to shoot in either very early morning, or late evening when the sky is darker; you'll need a tripod and a long exposure, but I think you'll get a better overall exposure balance, which will eliminate the over-dark area at the bottom left.

Nice shot! I like the contrast on the ferris wheel (particularly the spokes), but I think the sky is too washed out. I would agree with TiredIron, try in the early morning or early evening, or try when there are many clouds and a dark blue sky.

yeah you're right! this was at six flags which is pretty far from me so i'm afraid i won't have the opportunity again for a long time, but thanks for all the advice! it will help me with future shots =]

I have a question for the pro's. If this had been shot in raw, could the sky have been saved, or is it just to far to even fix if it was raw?

I'm by no means a pro but I don't think the blank sky could have been saved, certainly not after the fact. Shame really because I really like the shot, the colours and the detail are fantastic.

I have a question for the pro's. If this had been shot in raw, could the sky have been saved, or is it just to far to even fix if it was raw?

You could do some work with this sky in either RAW or .jpg/.tif to help it by creating a layer and working with that, say applying a blue gradient, but unless you're very, very good, and take a lot of time, almost anything is going to look somewhat artificial. Not so much because the sky is bright, but because there's no detail in it at all. When you've got nothing to start with, it's difficult to improve upon it.

yeah i dont want it to look artificial so i guess this will do. thanks for the criticism! you guys are great as always

Most reactions

Back