Few car pics

haha thanks. This is just for you Kalmkid:

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0012-2.jpg

it's from the same night

and JESWAW, these really weren't intended to be snapshots so I won't admit that. I put the camera on a tripod, set custom function #12 for mirror lockup, used the 2 second self-timer to reduce camera shake, and set the aperture between f/6 and f/11 in Av mode depending on the shot. The ricer CRV shot was a snapshot as wlel as these 2 Z06 pictures here. Now, I think that you didn't intend for your shots in your other thread to be snapshots because you said critique and seem to have gotten slightly defensive. If my photos don't look great and you think they look like snapshots then that's ok, but if you say that because I said it to you first, then that's not cool. If the other shots were supposed to be serious an dwha tI said upset you, don't worry, just improve on it. We all have to be able to take criticizm.

haha thanks. This is just for you Kalmkid:

and JESWAW, these really weren't intended to be snapshots so I won't admit that. I put the camera on a tripod, set custom function #12 for mirror lockup, used the 2 second self-timer to reduce camera shake, and set the aperture between f/6 and f/11 in Av mode depending on the shot. The ricer CRV shot was a snapshot as wlel as these 2 Z06 pictures here. Now, I think that you didn't intend for your shots in your other thread to be snapshots because you said critique and seem to have gotten slightly defensive. If my photos don't look great and you think they look like snapshots then that's ok, but if you say that because I said it to you first, then that's not cool. If the other shots were supposed to be serious an dwha tI said upset you, don't worry, just improve on it. We all have to be able to take criticizm.

I dont use a tripod...no PS here...no messing w/ camera settings either...But i half-way try to at least get the angle and stuff down right. So i consider all of mine snap shots...just because you dont have all the settings to mess w/ dont mean you cant take good pics...also, i can improve by camera angles and etc...Im not in photography for money...im in it for the fun...so as long as im having fun, then im fine...but i still want to improve...which is where the C&C comes into play

and i think we should take this to PM's...that way we wont clutter each others thread

wow...to bad the mustang GT's are slow...

You're kidding right?!?!? Have you ever driven one? Easily the best straightline performance for the money. No they don't turn worth a d4mn, but they go like stink!!!

Plus, I have a Miata for when I want to take the corners, my Mustang is just for the torque and horsepower thrills!!

You're kidding right?!?!? Have you ever driven one? Easily the best straightline performance for the money. No they don't turn worth a d4mn, but they go like stink!!!

Plus, I have a Miata for when I want to take the corners, my Mustang is just for the torque and horsepower thrills!!

Camaros FTW...Dont get me wrong...Id drive a mustang...but a stock for stock Mustang GT vs. a 99 Camaro Z28...Camaro will P'OWN...And i have riding in with a couple friends that own F body camaro's that beat Cobra's...Ive drivin both and thought the LS1 had way better potential. Good handling, Nice TRQ, I think the looks are better (but thats my opinion, no1 else's) And there's more demand for Camaro's for a reason...Well Usually LS1's...You dont hear anybody swapping their cars to 351's...I see LS1 240's, RX7's, A couple of Miata's....and etc...I have never seen a 351C (is that the engine code for your body style??) in anything...So this is my opinion....and yes i have driven both

take some 8x10 paper and duct tape with you so you can get the good cars !!!!!

what are they doing going out with front plate anyways !!!!

sillys...

thats there fault if you ask me... I would just shoot the shots you like.
it they threaten you , you actually have them by the balls, you have their pics, they know nothing about you.

take some 8x10 paper and duct tape with you so you can get the good cars !!!!!

what are they doing going out with front plate anyways !!!!

sillys...

thats there fault if you ask me... I would just shoot the shots you like.
it they threaten you , you actually have them by the balls, you have their pics, they know nothing about you.

that is the perfect fix right there, I offerd to do that once but the owner did not care about the tags so....;)

Some states don't require front plates, I know PA is one of them but as for others I am clueless.

i dont see why people do care....I dont...If they want the car and want to know where you live that way they can steal it...then they can find out by other ways

you could just clone it out in photoshop...thats what i do...

example
s2k112.jpg

you could just clone it out in photoshop...thats what i do...

example
[IMG pulled for space]

In some rare cases it has been prooven that law enforcement has methoeds to remove such editing from images even with out the original file. But such edits works for most applications

Nice shot though

In some rare cases it has been prooven that law enforcement has methoeds to remove such editing from images even with out the original file. But such edits works for most applications

Nice shot though

i would love to see them try.

Camaros FTW...Dont get me wrong...Id drive a mustang...but a stock for stock Mustang GT vs. a 99 Camaro Z28...Camaro will P'OWN...And i have riding in with a couple friends that own F body camaro's that beat Cobra's...Ive drivin both and thought the LS1 had way better potential. Good handling, Nice TRQ, I think the looks are better (but thats my opinion, no1 else's) And there's more demand for Camaro's for a reason...Well Usually LS1's...You dont hear anybody swapping their cars to 351's...I see LS1 240's, RX7's, A couple of Miata's....and etc...I have never seen a 351C (is that the engine code for your body style??) in anything...So this is my opinion....and yes i have driven both

I agree, out of the box, the same generation Camaro will handle better and the extra liter will give it better power. There is no replacement for displacement (spare me the technology crap) What I don't agree with is the popularity thing. If Camaros are so popular, why did GM stop making them in 2002. They were getting there arses handed to them in the sales department. When I bought my Mustang GT new in 2002 I paid $25000 for it. To get the same year Camaro, I would have had to spend easily $5000 more! I wanted a Trans Am bad. I love the looks of the car, but it wasn't as comfortable, was way more expensive and required premium unleaded. My Mustang, and even the current Mustang GTs only require regular unleaded. With today's inflated fuel prices, that would add up quick.

The 2002 GT has the 4.6L Mod V8 so no, it isn't a 351C (that's a 351 Cleveland, popular with Fords in the late 60's.) The reason you see the Chevy 350 swaps is that they are cheaper and parts are easily found. For example, an alternator for your 1998 Camaro with the a V8 will fit on just about any Chevy V8 ever produced. That is also the reason you see Chevy 350's in just about all hot rods.

We'll see how the new Camaro does, but my guess is that the Mustang will still rule in the sales department. My sources are saying, I own a amatuer motorsports website, that the V8 Camaro will still be priced about $500 - $10000 over the Mustang GT. Not smart in my opinion. The Camaro, like the Mustang, has a targeted demographic of 20 - 30 year old males. When you start the entry level V8 pricing in the low to mid 30's, you just priced it out of your target demographic. See the FD RX-7, the last gen Supra, and the Camaro/Firebird/TA for what happens when you do that.

Dont' get me wrong, I am an equal opurtunity car owner. I have 1 domestic and 3 Japenese. I am trying to buy my father-in-law's 67 Camaro RS/SS and I really want an E46 M3 or an Exige someday. I like all the car companies that produce cars that generate excitement and are a joy to drive.

I'm not trying to be a jerk. I just hate it when a domestic car company shoots themselves in the foot. If the domestics want to compete with the Asian companies (I'm including the Korean as well as the Japanese in this,) they need to start producing exciting, fun cars that don't cost as much as a better performing BMW (new Camaro v. BMW 135i. I know which I would choose!) They need to streamline production and get a handle on quality control. And don't be afraid to import some more of the European and Austrialian market cars. The Sky/Solstice are great cars and also and Opal!! The Pontiac GTO was produced in Austrialia. The are great cars that are wicked fun to drive.

Wow, I think I just posted a rant. Sorry about that. Time to get some more coffee, I think.

I agree, out of the box, the same generation Camaro will handle better and the extra liter will give it better power. There is no replacement for displacement (spare me the technology crap) .

Mustang Vs. Camaro- If I had the money and would buy one i'd still buy a camaro. But the thing is, im not even a Domestic type of guy, so i would just go and buy a Datsun 240z with a SR20, and with the spare cash I'd have left over. I'd buy another one. (lol, being sarcastic) I think my buddy paid 9500$ for his LS1 6spd..With all the goodies plus some. Now dont get me wrong, I love his car. But just not my type. I own four Datsun 280's and I seem that Inline 6's are a very very great motor. Id just build a L28 (stock 280zx motor) before I bought any sort of 9k+ Domestic. I have a friend that has about 8-9k in his civic (not ricer...all spent in the motor) Hold On!! Before I go any further and we steal this thread...I think we could discuss this in the off-topic chat under my thread "car talk"....Anything goes in that thread, lol.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=103290&page=2

So i guess go there and we can discuss it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back