Few from a sunrise meetup

Garbz

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.auer.garbz.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were taken this morning at the Brisbane flickr sunrise meetup. The people of the meetup are in this thread: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1153778

2301737524_401a797166.jpg

2301737526_cb6bc2efa4.jpg

2300951481_e6e88c6c8c.jpg

And just to prove it can be done on a D200:

2300951485_f31d213f99.jpg

Large ones on flickr, thanks for looking.

Wow, how do you do that last one? crazy stuff

Hoya R72 infrared filter, white balance to the foliage, and swapped the red and blue channels.

This is the first time I managed to do it properly.

All are great but the last is amazing! Great job!

Very nice Garbz. I really like 2 and 3.
Why was 4 need of proof?

Dani.

The D200 has one of the the strongest (does not imply best) low pass filters blocking near IR light infront of its sensor. I have had several people outright tell me I can forget using a D200 for infrared images without getting it converted for the purpose.

That's the proof that it can be done. For the record that was a 10 second exposure. I lent my R72 filter to a 350D user and he got the same exposure in ~1 second. Around 3 stops better.

great pics!
The last picture is breathtaking:thumbup:

I've never seen a photo like the 4th one. I am new to photography and the posts above mine are greek. I like the 2nd one the most. Nice detail of the bkg clouds with the sun playing peek-a-boo.

A cauliflower forest?! Incredible!

I'm diggin' 1 and 4.

Man I like IR photography! Especially that shot (#4). IR is like visiting a different dimension of the same reality just my adding a filter and slapping on a tripod. That particular one is like combining them. IR is difficult too which makes it all the more rewarding!

All great shots! Especially love the IR one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back