Fight Club - Round 89: Results are in!

Mine were a little late :( Trying to do it without your laptop and in Picnik in under an hour is hard!
Yeah - an hour is not as long as it sounds, lol. I try to get all of the shooting done in 30-40 minutes, leaving the rest for some quick PP and uploading/downloading. PP is pretty minimal for FC... Some quick curves/contrast in LR and that's about it. I upload most stuff to Flickr full size, but for FC I usually resize it first so it uploads faster.)

I do the same thing, always leave at least 20 minutes for PP and uploading. The first week I participated, I actually tried to drive around and find things to shoot... that did not go well. Since then, I've just picked a location near some sort of wifi and limited myself to taking all my pictures in that location. One time I went to a farmer's market about a mile from work (so it was a short drive to get to some internet access). This week I took all my shots at my in-laws' house.

I also agree on the PP - curves, contrast, white balance, maybe some saturation adjustments... but it's gotta be quick and dirty. If the shots are good on their own (out of the context of FC), you can always go back and edit them some more later, just for your own purposes.

1. Lovely- OrionsByte

2. Glass- O|||||||O

3. Delicate- err_ok

4. Spy- OrionsByte

5. Substantial- err_ok

Great shots this week! Some stuff I never would have thought of! OrionsByte; the shots with your little one are wonderful!!

OrionsByte; the shots with your little one are wonderful!!

Hehe thank you very much. I originally had taken a shot of my wife looking through the fence, but it just looked creepy. I was stuck on "lovely" but when I figured out what I wanted to do, I went inside and asked my daughter if she would help, to which she replied, "I would love to!" :lol: I figured while she was out there I'd re-shoot "spy" and I just said, "Go look through the fence and tell me what you see." She was quite the reporter. "There's a house! There's grass!" I think she was expecting to see a chocolate tree or something if she searched hard enough ('cause why else would Daddy ask her to look at someone's back yard through a fence?).

When the contest is over I'll post the wife version of the shot just for kicks hehe.

Bentcountershaft, I hope you didn't get in trouble for "delicate!" That was a really great idea, but I hope it didn't put you in the doghouse. :p

Last edited:
Here are my votes:

1. Lovely - bentcountershaft
2. Glass - O|||||||O
3. Delicate - bentcountershaft
4. Spy - AverageJoe
5. Substantial - bentcountershaft

1. bentcountershaft
2. O|||||||O
3. 786soul
4. OrionsByte
5. 786soul

Nice shots guys! I am going to try extra hard next week!!

This was my other shot I took for glass...

Still not sure which one I prefer.

Last edited:
1. Lovely- err_ok

2. Glass- OrionsByte

3. Delicate- AverageJoe

4. Spy- err_ok

5. Substantial- bentcountershaft

Again great work! One thing that I've always wondered though. Do you shoot all 5 themes in the same place? I'm guessing OrionsByte were all taken in/around his house.

Next week I'm in.

Bruce

1. Lovely - OrionsByte
2. Glass - AverageJoe
3. Delicate - bentcountershaft
4. Spy - bentcountershaft
5. Substantial - err_ok

Again great work! One thing that I've always wondered though. Do you shoot all 5 themes in the same place? I'm guessing OrionsByte were all taken in/around his house.

Yeah, it's easier, for me, at least, to stay in one place - this week I was actually over at my in-laws' house. I've actually tried to change my location every week just to make it more interesting. :)

Next week I'm in.

Bruce

Bring it on!

One thing that I've always wondered though. Do you shoot all 5 themes in the same place? I'm guessing OrionsByte were all taken in/around his house.
You don't have to, but due to the time limits you might want to.

I usually stay in my house, or just step out the door.

If I tried to drive somewhere, I would never be able to get done in an hour... :lol:

I was at my girlfriends parents they all work weekends so I was home alone.... fun times!

Here are my votes:
Lovely:
bentcountershaft

Glass:
err_ok

Delicate:
OrionsByte

Spy:
OrionsByte

Substanital:
786soul

Nice work to all.

1. Lovely - O|||||||O

2. Glass - Innerfile

3. Delicate - AverageJoe

4. Spy - OrionsByte

5. Substantial - 786soul

Very tough deciding on these this week, good job by all.

Bentcountershaft, I hope you didn't get in trouble for "delicate!" That was a really great idea, but I hope it didn't put you in the doghouse. :p

No, that was broken a long time ago, I've already served my time for that offense. :lol:

Yeah I shoot around the house only. By the time I send off the email I'm running up and down the stairs or out to the backyard to get the shots. Then it's a quick resize and retouch before uploading.

Then I sigh...

Votes:

Lovely - bentcountershaft
Glass - bentcountershaft
Delicate - AverageJoe
Spy - err_ok
Substantial - 786soul

tough voting all right...very creative shots :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back