What's new

Finally a real photoshoot with the girlfriend and my car :) C&C please

I can't offer anymore suggestions than Derrel has over the past few threads you've started on technique. I guess the only thing is for you to soak in the information.

Just wanted to point out a few things on my mind.

First, next time you go out for a shoot, leave the 17-55mm lens at home - don't even think about bringing it. The wide end is making your GF cartooninsh and very unflattering. The 50mm & 70-200mm is all you need.

Second, until you really get a handle on lighting, forget the lens flares. That techinque of controlling them will come once you understand how to properly light the scene.

Third, get a tripod. Why? It will slow you down and make you concentrate on the shot, look through the viewfinder and make an assesment of the entire scene BEFORE you trip the shutter. This goes along with some of the things I see with this set that (I don't think) have been mentioned. Is that some paper in the forward center console on #4? If it is, it should've been removed, if not it looks like it and should be cloned out because it looks like it. The hand brake, OMG, is very disconcerting, PARTICULARLY in #4, but also annoying in #5.

You have made some good improvements, but more is to be had. Good luck.
 
The lights in the background are distracting and I'm not sure why you always do that. You can get hair lighting and rim lighting without sticking unsightly lights/stands in the frame. You also have light stands appearing in the frame even on your tighter shots (#4).
 
Also you might want to clone out the light stand in #4
troy
 
I have tried cloning out the lightstand in #4. However it never comes out. THe gradient on the ground makes it hard for me. Am I doing something wrong? is there a better way to do it? I have only been doing photoshop for about a month now. so... any help would be great
 
I get the impression the way they are telling you to "do it" is not to have the lightstands there at all. The lights are distracting and the stands, of course, look like light stands.
 
carshoot4.jpg
 
That was about 10 minutes. Its not the best but its possible.
 
Well, I spent a little longer than Mrsfitlimp. I also removed the stand's reflection on the lower panel, the rubbish in the center console, the hand brake that looked like a penis and the green flare on the wall. I started to roll down the passenger side window, but then just could be bothered. That's something you should have noticed before taking the shot.


..........................................Original...................................................................................................Edit..................................
shortballercarshoot4.jpg
shortballercarshoot4edit.jpg


Although I got sloppy at the stipe on the ground, any difference, any better?
 
4 and 5 are great. love the composition and lighting.

beautiful girl and super fun car. well done to you, sir! :thumbup:
 
I think they look great. I am no expert . Like the car. Did some work on Elans and eroupa elites many years back.
 
Next time just have the car in gear and leave the handbrake off. ;)

The pics do look good though. :)
 
lol Kundalini. Nice work!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom