Finally a real photoshoot with the girlfriend and my car :) C&C please

hmm, is your monitor calibrated? cause that last edit looks quite cloudy and overly brightened, as though you got rid of all the contrast in the image and just flattened it out. I personally like the original version quite a bit better.

I think you need to fix your monitor Denny :lol: it looks like foggy in my side while I'm using my Samsung 26" 720p as a monitor.

I have no doubts that
a) my monitor is horrible and
b) I'm completely inept at any kind of post-processing

But, the point I was trying to suggest was the skin (what I noticed first was the left leg) could really be smoothed. I see veins, even bandaid adhesive. I'm sure someone with a clue could really make that shot look better... and I'm just not that guy.

#1: I think the background is distracting and doesn't really do much for the shot. Her feet are cut off as well.

#2: You're getting barrel distortion and it's making her head look bigger then normal. I would've had her lean back more.

#3: This one is my favorite alghouth there's a lens flare across her face and her foot is cut off. This shot reminds me of a up and coming bay area photographer - probably one of the best strobists guys I know off. Check him out Ed Pingol. I would personally just clone out the stands too.

#4: Light stand sticking out her head and also down on the buttom right. You can clone this out easy but pretty good shot.

#5: This is a very sensual pose. This will catch alot of attention if your trying to sell something(very revealing). Try working with her hands a bit more. Try having her turn her hand to the side. Her left hand on this one seems a bit unatural b/c her pinky and pointer are folded. On her right hand I would've personally had her put it down her right knee sideways to the camera.

Pretty good for your first real shoot. Glad to hear that you have a girlfriend that's willing to pose for you while earn those stripes :thumbup:

wtf you mean?

nothing is distracting... just her :p
honestly tho... nice car n girl... wth do you do for a living?

as much as we like it... try ask your gf to close her legs and cover that area with her hand :)
also, her eyes are quite blurry, were you even using your flash?

Last edited:
#1: I think the background is distracting and doesn't really do much for the shot. Her feet are cut off as well.

#2: You're getting barrel distortion and it's making her head look bigger then normal. I would've had her lean back more.

#3: This one is my favorite alghouth there's a lens flare across her face and her foot is cut off. This shot reminds me of a up and coming bay area photographer - probably one of the best strobists guys I know off. Check him out Ed Pingol. I would personally just clone out the stands too.

#4: Light stand sticking out her head and also down on the buttom right. You can clone this out easy but pretty good shot.

#5: This is a very sensual pose. This will catch alot of attention if your trying to sell something(very revealing). Try working with her hands a bit more. Try having her turn her hand to the side. Her left hand on this one seems a bit unatural b/c her pinky and pointer are folded. On her right hand I would've personally had her put it down her right knee sideways to the camera.

Pretty good for your first real shoot. Glad to hear that you have a girlfriend that's willing to pose for you while earn those stripes :thumbup:

wtf you mean?

nothing is distracting... just her :p
honestly tho... nice car n girl... wth do you do for a living?

as much as we like it... try ask your gf to close her legs and cover that area with her hand :)
also, her eyes are quite blurry, were you even using your flash?

I was using two off camera strobes... I used to run a company. Now I am a civil engineering student with A LOT of debt lol.

The Third One is cool,
Nice Lighting, and the car :lol:

Hey this is a photo forum, not a car forum!
Ok, just kidding, there is not much left to say, but I (if I'd be lucky in a couple of years to have a car and a girlfriend like that :D) would stay out of the shade if I were you.
#5 is ,i agree, great, but its spoiled by the damn "don't put kids in the driver seat!" sticker . Stamp it away. :D
And I don't think the dress, silver car and surrounding fit each other. You won't respray your car , but a more elegant dress would have given it a move. Or f.e. go to the beach ( you got beaches there right?) ! #4'd be great if there was a cliff, sea or anything but a concrete wall! There no reason for you to be shy.
Don't take my critic to seriously. I never had any experience with cars, nor lightning, nor girls.:(

.......:D

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back