What's new

Fire and Water Drop

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Joined
Nov 28, 2011
Messages
6,593
Reaction score
3,719
Location
Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Played with some water drops tonight ;)

Thought this one was pretty cool!

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!


 
Love the drop but not overly thriled with the backdrop.
 
Agreed with what was said above. I am curious though to know how you got that effect?
 
Thanks guys, my original intent when I set up was to capture the grid of the BG in the waterdrops, (I pretty much failed to get what I was after, boo!) This was near the end of shooting so it was getting pretty rough from getting splashed.

Demers, I did it with light, can you figure out how? ....
 
Light coming from under the drop?
 
did you drop a tea light candle into the water?
 
Oh, now there's a novel idea.
 
Surprised is good Color, thanks!

Cee, yep light under!

Ash, no but neat idea!
 
Judi, you keep on surprising us with your experiments! Unusual and yet, very promising. Agreed, the backdrop is not flattering to the image, but now that you've got the technique kinda worked out, I'm sure you can make the appropriate adjustments. Thank you for sharing!
 
Thanks Paul :)

Home alone and bored in the cold weather is a great incentive to play with this kind of stuff ;)
 
Fun image and i like all but the background .... do it again as I think it is a great concept.
 
Thanks Mully :) I'm pondering an appropriate background to use tonight as we speak ;)

Here is one that I allllmost got there with the drop reflecting the grid (I think I need bigger squares), now what to replace the grid with .....

 
That water drop is very cool .... black would work but if you want checks maybe paint the bottom 1/3 of the board black and the top portion checks this way the main splash would be against black and less distracting. I do think smaller checks would look better. Nice project and one I think is worth the effort!!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom