What's new

First DSLR - Burned out on research! Lots of info..

first off, It isn't the lens that works with the remote (sounds like thats what you thought via your last sentence but I doubt you ment it that way)
Amazon.com: Canon Wireless Remote Control RC1 for Digital Rebel: Camera & Photo
thats the one I use.

Zoom lens, For cheap but good quality I say Canon 75-300mm usm III AF (£200 / $300 new) got mines £45 (/$60) as the AF was broken (from ebay) which means I need to manual focus, Not a big deal.

Amazon.com: Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6 DG Macro Zoom Telephoto Lens & Filters & 6 Year Warranty for Canon EOS: Electronics

I also recommend you get one of these for thos akward situations ;P
Amazon.com: Opteka Voyeur Right Angle Spy Lens for Canon EOS: Electronics

joke ofcourse.
 
Oh yea, I know the remote works with the CAMERA, and not the lens. I meant to ask if a remote for my T1i would also work for a 50D, for example. I'm guessing it wouldn't, as the link you gave me says it's a "Rebel" remote.

I've also heard that Sigma and 3rd party lenses are not as "fast" as Canon lenses. Is this true, and is it a big deal? Is it worth the less expensive price? The Sigma lens + accessories looks pretty tempting.

And the spy lens.. Haha it's just cheap enough to have around for those "What If" situations!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom