First Ever Night Shot - C&C strongly requested

bullitt453

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.mustangsofburlington.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As the title says, this is my first night shot ever. I tried my best to clone out that radio tower in the background, but I couldn't make it look seemless so I just gave up. I'm sure I'll go back to it though. Anyways, please give C&C. I really want to get better at night photography. Thanks for looking!!

2736682283_c70eeea34b_b.jpg

It's a good start but try changing your white balance to get rid of the yellow cast.

Nice - would there be a view which would have eliminated the streetlights, wires and backs of the buildings?

Nice shot friend, this is just me but I think the yellow cast works well with the dark blue sky, but maybe next time try taking both with and without the white balance.

Thanks for the C&C guys

It's a good start but try changing your white balance to get rid of the yellow cast.

This was actually taken in RAW and I fine tuned the white balance. The statue is truly that color in person, but there is a bit of yellow cast on the flowers.:confused:

Nice - would there be a view which would have eliminated the streetlights, wires and backs of the buildings?

Unfortunately, no. I tried everything I could to find a non-obstructed view, but there just isn't one to be had. This statue is in front of the Graham Courthouse, which is situtated in the middle of a round-a-bout.

if it ewas for me i would give a shot to cropping just above the radio tower, i dunno, when the thread first loaded in my browser it's what i saw and i really liked it...

what a beautiful picture

honestly, you don't even need the bottom third of the shot

This was actually taken in RAW and I fine tuned the white balance. The statue is truly that color in person, but there is a bit of yellow cast on the flowers.:confused:

Then the WB isn't fine tuned. White flower should be white. I'm sure the statue isn't white, but you can still tell there's a cast to it from the lights.

And how can I tell the WB is still off? Your lights are still orange. If WB was set any where near correctly, your street lights would be much closer to white.

This is a great shot. Even if the WB is off, the warming effect the statue has makes this shot great (the contrast between it & the sky)

Since your photos are okay to edit... removed the radio tower & made the flowers white

BlueNightSkyedit.jpg

Oh, and just to let you know, to make the flowers look white I just added a cooling filter on that portion of the image (Image > adjustments > photo filter).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back