First Lens

AndressaNowasyk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm new here, never been in a forum before.
I need some help from you. I'm from Brazil and camera stuff are too expensive in here. My ancle is going to Paraguay next week and he's going to buy me a 80D or a 70D. The thing is, plus the camera (body only) I only have money to buy a single US$ 100,00 lens. Should I buy a canon 55-250mm f/4-5.6, a yongnuo 35mm f/2 or a canon 50mm f/1.8?

I can't afford another lens for the next 4 months and my prupose to this lens is to get to know my camera, because I've never have one on my own, althrough I've studied photography in university.

Thank you very much!

What do you think you'll be taking pictures of the most?

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

I would love to be able to take photos from parties and events.
Well a lot would depend on indoor or outdoor. The zoom would be a good option for well lit, outdoor events. It's more flexible in that you don't need to move around quite as much to get the shots you want. However it is a slow lens, so indoors or in less than ideal lighting your going to find it very challenging to get good shots.

The 50mm prime would be your best bet for that because it's a fast lens, but you'll need to be closer to the action and quicker on your feet if your looking at a big party or event.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Yongnuo makes a VERY BAD Canon 50mm f/1.8 **imitation**. Really a junky lens. I expect the IMITATION Canon-styled 35mm lens to be equally bad. it is new on the market, and I've not heard how it is, but it it is like their cheap, lack-one-lens-element-compared-to-the-original-Canon-50mm model, I would NOT want it.

35mm on an APS-C Canon is a "normal lens". Likely too narrow in angular view for parties. I would rather have the 18-55 Canon "kit zoom" for $99 to $119 US in price, as my starter lens. The 55-200 mostly for outdoor distances, tele-photo pictures, sports,etc.

That's really helpfull!
Thank you guys. I think I'm gonna buy a 18-55 kit lens, so I can study better my camera on indoor and when I get more cash I buy a 50mm Canon Original.

Most reactions

Back