First model shoot

No flash on any of them. It's all ambient, but a great overcast day. A few I did use a reflector, but not that one.

Some of them are overprocessed, but I was pretty new to some of the techniques and was using dodge/burn tool instrad of masks.

100 ISO
1/2000 @ f2.0
50mm
no flash

Tanya was the same. She didn't do it for a living, just enjoyed it. But she was well practiced. It took me a while to get used to her doing so much of the work, so it was a little weird. I had done mostly candids up to that point.

markc said:
Did you mean to shoot on the tele side?

Not necessarily, but at least don't shoot on a normal or W/A lens, unless you are after distortion and are wanting a large depth of field.

It always hard to advise until you/I are standing behind the camera and ready to shoot.

Post your shots when you have done them. Philip.:blushing:

i really dont see any reason to use a zoom at all. those are not L glass or some 4000 dollar zoom, so the prime will be sharper, but more importantly than anything(!)- you have a 50 (1.8 i assume) which will provide awesome Depth of field when you need it, and i dont see any reason to have a zoom, it just means fewer steps, the best zoom youve got is your feet.
Mona_Lisa_Smile_by_JCDecaux.jpg

taken at 1.8

Most reactions

Back