First Official Headshot

michaelpohl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I was photographing my Vice Principal's daughter's first communion after party and she pulled me aside and asked if I could do a head shot for the school website (her's is currently a cell phone picture from a few years ago) and I agreed. I put her in front of a window with the intention of blowing it out to be white. What are your guy's thoughts? I love the color but figured I'd give her a B&W to. Would Love Feedback.

Mrs. Wisely's Headshot by Michael Pohl, on Flickr

Mrs. Wisely's Headshot by Michael Pohl, on Flickr

Not bad; generally in posing people, especially women, we try and avoid 'level and straight'; that is if there are two of something (eyes, arms, breasts, etc) they shouldn't be on the same level. Ideally, I think turning her body a bit more away from the camera (15-20 degrees) and raising her her foot (which transfers weight to the back foot and "mis-aligns" the body nicely) would have improved the image, but as-is, it's a vast improvement on a years-old cell-phone snap. Also, don't forget the little details such as the crucifix not hanging quite straight.

I would crop this in closer to the sides of her face and hair, and right below the V- of the shirt, cropping out the button.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back