First pics with D3000

RTA Supra

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just purchased my first dslr and here are some of my very first pictures. I'm here to learn and to admire everyone's pictures here pretty much. Seems like a cool site.

My wife in her snuggie, haha

DSC_0005.jpg

Our back yard

DSC_0044.jpg

Football Snacks

DSC_0095.jpg

My puppy's toy

DSC_0076.jpg

My other pup

DSC_0129.jpg

Last edited:
nice view in the backyard! any fish in the pond?

I love the photo of the back garden. The horizon's nice and level and the reflection in the water is very nice. For the photo of the snacks, I'd recommend using a plainer background to add emphasis. If this doesn't work, I'd recommend putting the camera on a tripod and zooming in to 55mm on the photo, at the minumum aperture. A general rule of thumb is that if you want to blur the background, you should try to use a longer focal length lens.

nice view in the backyard! any fish in the pond?

Not many, but they're there

I love the photo of the back garden. The horizon's nice and level and the reflection in the water is very nice. For the photo of the snacks, I'd recommend using a plainer background to add emphasis. If this doesn't work, I'd recommend putting the camera on a tripod and zooming in to 55mm on the photo, at the minumum aperture. A general rule of thumb is that if you want to blur the background, you should try to use a longer focal length lens.

I appreciate the advice :thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back