First Portrait Shoot.

Brian L

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
brianlinephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I have only shot nature and landscape so far but wanted to try people. I my friend here was some fall pictures taken so we went to a local park and I took quite a few. Here are two she liked and I would like a little CC on them. Let me know what ya think for my first time...

P.S. These were taken with a tamron 70-300mm

IMGP2471.jpg

IMGP2437.jpg

I have zero talent, but I can regurgitate what I have read and seen. Both of these are shot in direct sunlight and that hurts them. The only reason I know this is because I watched the video on www.prophotolife.com. There are videos there that have helped me quite a bit. Keep shooting!

GT

Agree with both of the above; most pressing issue is the exposure/bright sun, but some cropping is in order as well. Looking forward to seeing more.

You're doing great for your first time! When you are first starting off in portraiture, hang out in shade - it is your friend. :) Secondly, your bokeh is great and she is well separated from the background, but, there are distracting elements that 'grow' from her head (looks like a fence in the first and the tree in the second).

#1 has shadow/lighting problems on her face.

#2 shows potential, with some adjusting of contrast, shadows/hilighting, and cropping.

Most reactions

Back