First T-ball Game high Iso

manny212

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The Rugrats had their first Tee Ball game this past week , I knew the lighting was going to be horrible , so i figured i would push my D7000 and see what i could get with high ISO.

Shot all of these in A priority , had it pegged at 2.8 ( 70-200 ) . Its the first time i have ever used auto iso , the only reason I felt I had to do this was because these little guys are fast , the lighting was bad , and I did not want to miss any action fumbling with my ISO .

Parameters for Auto Iso

SS 500
Min. Iso :100
Max Iso :6400

I realize my comp. is for crap , the background is atrocious , but very hard to work around so many parents and spectators . Is what it is .

Did run these through LR3 to reduce some noise and a few other tweaks , but have to say i think the camera held up pretty well under some adverse conditions .

1. ISO 2500

untitled-27 by mannyher1, on Flickr

2. ISO 5000

untitled-35 by mannyher1, on Flickr

3. ISO 2800

untitled-28 by mannyher1, on Flickr

4 ISO 4500

untitled-136 by mannyher1, on Flickr

5 ISO 4500

untitled-138 by mannyher1, on Flickr

I hate to see people on here saying they think their work is crap in fear of getting ripped apart! I think these are great photo's, other than the people showing in the backround blurred. he is a CUTIE! Love his tognue stick out, soooo adorable!!

Luvmyfamily,

LOL no fear of getting ripped apart . Like i said , it is what it is . I like them, my wife likes them so i guess they are fine for us .

What i was trying to do and am impressed with is the capabilities of this camera in low light and some high Iso . Thanks for kind words nonetheless ! Have a nice one !

For what you were trying to accomplish, you succeeded in grand style. Love the tugnue action. For what it's worth, I'd drop the ISO to 1000 or less, and shoot in SP. The kids aren't running around that much, so you'll be able to control DOF just fine.

Last edited:
That tongue sticking out is perfect in trying to capture the feel.

Sure like you said, they are what they are and the more images you take, you'll consider framing and such to attempt to eliminate certain aspects of unwanted background, etc. Some things you can't control. Cute set though.

For what you were trying to accomplish, you succeeded in grand style. Love the tung action. For what it's worth, I'd drop the ISO to 1000 or less, and shoot in SP. The kids are running around that much, so you'll be able to control DOF just fine.

I do agree!

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks guys next night game I will try sp , we do have a day game coming up hopefully can grab some better pics.

Love the concentration in #5, classic.

Joel_W haha ya we start them early down here.

These pics are great! I personally like #1 and #5. Hope the little guys have a some good games this season!

Most reactions

Back