First time shooting a model...

chops

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
charlest.zenfolio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Shot with 40-150mm lens and ZERO editing.

p181140541-5.jpg

not a bad first go at it! just a touch under exposed and a little warm. i think it could be improved greatly with a little editing. Why aren't you editing it?

Rian

I agree, it might be just a touch under, but I also didn't want to blow out any highlights. I think I could have also used a reflector on her right as well. Her tan kind of blends in with the red brick, which gives the overall warm feel to the pic.

I didn't do any editing because I didn't feel there was much I could do to improve it honestly.

I might also have used a little shallower DOF, I don't think I should be able to read the poster on the wall in the background.

Allan

ah yes i see that. the bricks to make the feel of it a touch warmer. i think some levels would make a world of a difference with this. Do you mind if run it through some quick photoshop and show you the difference?

Rian

I might also have used a little shallower DOF, I don't think I should be able to read the poster on the wall in the background.

Allan

Can't do much with the DOF... Limitations of that lens. Also, if you read the top line of that poster, you'll know why I included it in the pic.

ah yes i see that. the bricks to make the feel of it a touch warmer. i think some levels would make a world of a difference with this. Do you mind if run it through some quick photoshop and show you the difference?

Rian

I already played around with it a bit in PS3 and didn't like any of the results, hence leaving it as is. And just a "FYI", I've been using PS for 7+ years. ;)

It's a cheesecake pose if I ever saw one, and although I agree with Rian it's a little underexposed, I like the warmth a lot. If it came to decide between the exposure and the color, I'd stay with the color.:D

Not bad considering there is no pp, but the background is super distracting. Way too much going on that takes your eye off of the subject.

I don't know what to say because I feel you are headed down the right path but there are basic mistakes that if we do not inform you of, you will not improve.

I looked at the entire set. You can really make this shoot look awesome with some cropping, exposure settings and skin softening. Post processing and glamour go together.

All and all, I shot worse for magazines lol So... good job! Now get in there and finish it up.

sorry i didn't see your notation about editing

Last edited:
Thanks for all the great comments and suggestions. I should have pointed out that the main reason for not doing any PP on these images is because the client's contest rules require ZERO PP to them.

I can definitely do better as you all will see on my next couple of shoots, especially the one I'm doing this coming Thursday at the beach! Plus, if you look at the very top item on my Sig, you'll see what I'll be using. I just ordered it last night! :mrgreen:

Great picture! Just a little more blur of the distracting posters and your set.

lol.

I wonder if the OP is still using CS3 for now what would be 10 years instead of 7 at the time of posting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back