First Wedding....

Adding to the above list as I shift through more of these photos I shoot entirely too tight.....

LOL.. Some people really shut me down when I give them this advice when I CC their wedding set. I am glad you notice it on your set. That is a good thing. I didnt notice it very much on the 3 you posted though.

Adding to the above list as I shift through more of these photos I shoot entirely too tight.....

We try to shoot a little wide so we have wiggle room for cropping. Its great if you CAN get it framed perfect, but it never hurts to give yourself a little room to play.
You can always crop IN, you cant add room.

Nice... you did good! #2 should have been shot vertically.... make them the focus of the image.

#1 and #3... well done!

I think it's a focal length thing I have always loved the way an 85mm looks ever since I started the look just looks "off" when I shoot wide even though I love others wide shots something I def need more practice on

These three look really good for your first go round. You caught some really nice connections. Posed shots are the worst. I also find family portraits and bridal party shots to be a big pain in the butt. I always have a second shooter with me, but we have a pretty good system down. I try to have as much done before the ceremony as possible, because that will give you a little extra time after the ceremony.

#3 is my favorite, and by a ridiculously wide margin. There's nothing wrong with the first two, it's just that #3 is that good...

great job for your first wedding! i understand how tough it can be when the couple doesn't want to get shots of just them after the ceremony. that's when you pretty much just have to take the wheel and tell them how it's going to be. because when the party's over and they're looking through their photos a few months from now, they'll be disappointed there aren't more of just them. good work!

i feel your pain on the family photos too. i dont think ANY wedding photographer looks forward to those, haha.

I like the one of the little man.

AS for family photogs, tell them to get out of the way. You have to show them that you are in charge because you were paid to take these photos. And, yeah, formals are horrible. Someone is always blinking or looking off the wrong way.

Also....

#2 has a slight distortion. If you look at the lines on the brick you can see where it bows down in the middle. Fix that. Always look for this when you are shooting with a symmetrical background and they may want to print that one out big. Easy fix though.

Even though that part was ridiculously chaotic I still had a ton of fun! I loved capturing the ceremony and reception and getting all those looks and moments it was so exciting :) I am looking forward to doing more!

You did very good. I like #2.

I coordinate small weddings, and it overwhelms me how fast they move.

IMO, it seems like it is easier to get photos before the ceremony then after. I have told couples to allow time for shooting afterwards, because it is their money, and they are paying for it and if they don't they can only blame themselves. It has worked a few times.

Congrats Lmphotos! What a relief you must feel. A waiting to exhale moment? I really like #1. It will be fun looking back at a shot like that and pointing out folks and their emotions.

Of course a lot of photography is subjective, but I really like #2 to include the crop and framing. I think it kind of tells a story. It looks like the couple snuck away from the party for a quick moment to themselves.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back