First Wedding....

Lmphotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.lauramaephotos.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did it. I shot the dreaded friends wedding......I learned a couple things along the way.

1.Weddings move fast....blazingly FAST
2. I am out of shape
3. My arms hurt in places they have never hurt before
4. Everything I was worried about I should not have been worried about
5. Everything I was NOT worried about I should of been worried about
6. People who pay pennies for photography do NOT care about photography
7. Family formals are a disaster....
8. There is always a family member with a camera (or in this case a tripod and parks himself right in front of me in the aisle.)
9. Did I mention weddings move fast???
10. Finally church restrictions are dumb.

With that being said yes this was my first wedding, it was paid but I made less than minimum wage when all said and done. Here is just a couple so far I have opened trying to sort before I have to go into the other job tonight :)

$IMG_8756_ff.jpg$A-9679ff.jpg$IMG_8729_edited-1.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on making it through your first big day!! Will you do another? lol

Congrats on making it through your first big day!! Will you do another? lol

I had a lot of fun but man it is WORK!

:lol:

Great emotion in the first shot. I think the second could stand a little less brick wall.

It is a lot I did it in B&W too. They wanted "Urban" in a little country town but did not want to drive anywhere this is the side of the parish center it was about the most urban thing I could find lol

It is a lot I did it in B&W too. They wanted "Urban" in a little country town but did not want to drive anywhere this is the side of the parish center it was about the most urban thing I could find lol

Crop it in portrait mode and lose a lot of the brick on the right side.

Work ..... Who said photography was easy?

Well to put it in my thought processes I am a nurse in the ICU where I am on my feet for 12 hours straight, lifting sometimes 300 + pound people, mentally exhausting job.......so yes I thought it would not be as physically as demanding as it was. Plus when I say "work" it is just an expression we say around here.

Can you expand on what you should vs shouldnt have worried about that got switched around?

Can you expand on what you should vs shouldnt have worried about that got switched around?

I was extremely worried about lighting, using all my flashes at once, the ceremony grabbing shots I thought I would miss being in a dark church etc. I practiced these things over and over and over again because I was so worried about it. These things went flawlessly.

I was not worried about the formals or posing the bridal party.....This was an epic disaster. The bride/groom/party did not want anything to do with pictures!! They all just wanted to go to the reception and party I talked to them into about 30 minutes worth of pictures and most of the time they were so uncooperative I was not ready to deal with that. But, today when I talked to her and showed her a sneak peek (the brick wall one) she said she loved it and glad they did them! (now I am thinking I should of talked them into more :S) In a nut shell I just thought they would care about their "posed" photography a bit more than they did it was hard for me to be put on the spot and do them all in 30 minutes.

Not bad for your first rodeo. 2 is a little underexposed though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back