Fitness and Motivation

Well, Rex, if I ever stop traveling I would like to join a gym for when I start bulking up... Which neither will happen in the next months I don't think. LA Fitness is just one of the many gyms around Harris County, Tx. I don't want to invest in weight sets of anything so I'd rather just go to the gym for lifting heavy things.

Sent from my iPhone using Telekenisisisisis

I find that I can't motivate myself to exercise just for the sake of exercise. I need some goal that I'm trying to achieve. For that, I compete in 2 sports and coach one of them. I also have 2 high energy dogs that are thoroughly intolerable if I get lazy and don't take them hiking.

I walk my 3 miles a day, usually at the park. I'm behind somewhat, with the cold weather we've been having. I've made up for it over the last 4 days with the warmer weather. Mainly hiking and climbing + photographing landscapes. But man am I SORE today!!

I benched 165 last night. I'm pretty much the strongest man out there.

I find that I can't motivate myself to exercise just for the sake of exercise. I need some goal that I'm trying to achieve. For that, I compete in 2 sports and coach one of them. I also have 2 high energy dogs that are thoroughly intolerable if I get lazy and don't take them hiking.

My motivation really is the terrible 2014 Xmas pictures. When I feel like I've ran enough I think about those pictures and force myself to go further. Christmas 2015 I will be much slimmer. Side affect will be my motorcycle leather racing suit will fit a helluva lot better.

In that vein I ran to a new personal best tonight of 3.75 miles in 40 minutes @ 5.4-5.5mph. When I reach the 4 mile mark tomorrow evening I'll start upping the speed to cover the same distance in less time until I can run a mile in 8 minutes.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422674463.876270.jpg

Been working at home a lot lately which is a fitness killer for me during the cold weather. Lack of exercise and too many snacking opportunities.

In the non winter months I take the dog for a long power walk in the morning or at lunchtime and/or hit the gym before work but in the winter I truly hibernate. This winter I've resolved to get into the office more since I have a gym membership around the corner from there and can go at lunchtime. This kills 2 birds since it forces me to bring a healthy lunch to work instead of getting take out plus I usually get in at least a 45 minute work out.

However, for those days when I do work from home, I've been trying out some video workouts on youtube. I recently found Fitness Blender and am really enjoying the variety that is offered. If anyone is looking for cardio or toning videos to do at home, definitely check them out.

I don't know about others but for me, motivation for working out is completely gone by 1pm. If it hasn't happened by then it is not going to happen that day.

Been working at home a lot lately which is a fitness killer for me during the cold weather. Lack of exercise and too many snacking opportunities.

In the non winter months I take the dog for a long power walk in the morning or at lunchtime and/or hit the gym before work but in the winter I truly hibernate. This winter I've resolved to get into the office more since I have a gym membership around the corner from there and can go at lunchtime. This kills 2 birds since it forces me to bring a healthy lunch to work instead of getting take out plus I usually get in at least a 45 minute work out.

However, for those days when I do work from home, I've been trying out some video workouts on youtube. I recently found Fitness Blender and am really enjoying the variety that is offered. If anyone is looking for cardio or toning videos to do at home, definitely check them out.

I don't know about others but for me, motivation for working out is completely gone by 1pm. If it hasn't happened by then it is not going to happen that day.
LOL ... we must share the same genes ... I augment my daily steps routine with pushups and situps ... if I don't squeeze them in the morning ... then typically it ain't gonna happen.

I'm the opposite. I'm much more likely to exercise in the afternoon or evening. I've been known to hop on my bike at 9pm.

You guys are making me feel terrible for not exercising.

I'm the opposite. I'm much more likely to exercise in the afternoon or evening. I've been known to hop on my bike at 9pm.

Same here. It's hard enough just getting up in the morning. I usually have to start waking up 2-3 hours before work starts just to give my brain time to finish the waking process.

For me working out ain't gonna happen if I start drinking or I don't feel at least 90%... Like tonight I tried hitting the treadmill and my stomach started screaming at my brain to stop and well, my brain agreed.

Although last night I did manage to run 3 miles in 30 minutes. Pretty happy about that. I will be getting back on the treadmill tomorrow evening. Sucks though because I have the bowflex treadclimber at my house and there is no running on that thing... But the end result is the same I guess.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back